"Wait" Time Slow

PHP Version 7.2, original plugins & images…

PHP Version 7.3… with ALL plugins disabled and no images (run current Pingdom test to see) is approx. 500ms of wait time. Almost a whole second is spent just loading the domain on its own, even with little to no content. See first reply below, since I apparently cannot post more than one image :expressionless:

I saw previously where someone else had the same problem… I noticed SQL issues were brought up, but the thread ended without a resolution. I have already gone through other threads here and followed the instructions from a support page that listed optimization recommendations. It helped a little, but did not fix the root of the issue apparently. Any thoughts on what I’m missing?

Hi,

Can you try switching to wordpress default twentyseventeen theme then test the case again.

I checked your site in GTMetrix and your site is not that bad in terms of performance.

One thing shows in red is Leverage Browser Caching.

Please check link below for your guide on how to fix it.

We also have an article/guide to improve sites performance kindly review it.

Thanks

All plugins are disabled. I tried switching to 2017 and it seems that the wait is still a bit high. Not as high as with X, but still high. Could this have something to do with a database?

Hi,

Are you on a shared hosting? Please note that ~75% of a website’s load times are determined by the website hosting.
Please contact your hosting provider regarding this issue, your host will be able to diagnose things much better due to the fact that they have a more complete view of your account and can work behind the scenes with you.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.