W3 total cache conflict

Hi, I’m running W3 total cache on a Pro built website and I’m running into a conflict. I get the red dialogue “preview html did not include a closing tag”.

This can be resolved by deactivating W3 Total Cache, but then I loose site speed. Since W3 was recommended by Themeco support I’m assuming it’s a good choice and that I have something configured wrong for a Pro site.

Any pointers?

Thanks!

Hello @djguitar,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

On my end Pro editor is loading fine. Please see screenshot. Can you please confirm again? Please clear browser cache and try loading again. https://screencast.com/t/Yfwq5YGx62

Thanks.

Odd.

I’ve tested after clearing Safari cache, also tested in Firefox, and in private windows, all with cache cleared. Same result each time: red block giving the aforementioned warning.

It does go away sometimes, or I get this

Another strange thing is that I can’t even clear any page cacheing via W3. All I get is two fatal error messages.

Hi there,

I also cannot replicate the issue on my end, pro editor is working just fine. Do your server has regional cache? Please ask them to purge and turn off any kind of caching and try again.

Best regards.

Thanks, I’ll check that. Are you able to purge the cache via W3?

No! I’m getting the same fatal error message like you did.

Ok, I’ll check with the hosting company. Thanks. But That sounds like there is a problem, and it’s not regional?

Yes, the error message is indicating errors with w3tc code.

So perhaps just uninstalling the plugin and starting from scratch with minimal cacheing to begin?

I guess what I’d really like to know, in addition, is are there any cacheing options I should avoid with Pro?

That might be a good idea. Please try and let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Sorry to be redundant.

Please follow this official guide https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/customizations-performance/210

Thanks.

Thanks!! I’ll follow this guide.

Really appreciate your time and quick responses.

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

Let us know how it goes.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.