Visual Composer stopped working after migrating server

Hi

Visual composer has stopped working after moving to a new server, what can I do? I can’t see anyway to update VC as its bundled with X

Hi @joenineo,

Thanks for writing in.

First, backup your current setup.

Then, you can remove your VC in your plugins page. Then reinstall VC again through your X dashboard adds page.

If still not working, please let us know.

Don’t forget to update your X to the latest version first before reinstalling again your VC.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Hi @nico

Thanks for the speedy response. The issue I have is that everything says it is up to date but I can clearly see it’s not.

X Theme is on version 4.3.0 and VC is on 4.8.1 I know there are higher versions but there doesn’t appear to anyway to update manually.

Do you have any ideas on how I can update and on the extensions page I get an error message

Could not retrieve extensions list. For assistance, please start by reviewing our article on troubleshooting I have tried these but still nothing.

Any help much appreciated.

Hi,

Please try to revalidate your theme. Revoke license and unassign site then validate again.

After revalidating, Go to Dashboard > Updates and click on Check again.

If that doesn’t help, you can update manually using FTP

See Manual Updates Section

Hope that helps

Hi Paul

Thanks for the info. Managed to manually update theme then plugins updated so all good.

Great support and great product!

Glad to hear it and thanks for the kinds words!