Visual Composer Question

First, forgive me if this is a really stupid question. I built my website 2 years ago and I haven’t made any edits since then. At the time, I built it in Visual Composer. I went into Wordpress tonight to make an edit to my homepage by editing in Visual Composer, and it just shows the icon loading for 4 minutes+.

Is Visual Composer still a tool that is usable? I imagine if I switched over to use Cornerstone then it would completely alter the content and design. HELP!

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! If your site has been made 2 years ago and now you re experiencing some issues, it could be because of the following:

• Your PHP version could be 5.6 or much lower. Please make sure that you have meet the minimum requirements of running WordPress. Please check this out: https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/
  • Please make sure that the theme and all the plugins is up to date. Most of the time, out dated theme and plugins will create issues.
  • There might be a fatal error occurring on the site. I would recommend that you enable the debug mode to check whether there is an error or not. You can do this by opening wp-config.php and adding
define('WP_DEBUG', true);

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

When you revisit the page, you should have some error output describing the issue in more detail.

• Switching to Cornerstone will not help you because pages/posts created in Visual Composer cannot be edited in Cornerstone. Only page/post that were created in Cornerstone can be edited with this plugin.

Hope this helps. Kindly let us know.

My host is Bluehost, which supports the latest PHP? It shows Visual Composer is updated (I reinstalled just in case) and the theme is updated as well.

As far as the debug tip, I am not a web developer so I may need to take a closer look into the details of how to go about editing in FTP.

Hi There,

Thanks for the details!
We are really sorry but you forgot to send us the website URL. Please send us the URL so that we can have a look.

Thanks

sorry! www.knakdigital.com

Hey @kellihriv,

I see you’re using the latest version of WordPress 4.9.4. It is not compatible with old versions of X, Cornerstone and Visual Composer. You will need to update them as suggested by @RueNel. Please follow our update guide.

Thanks.

First, I had validated the product so I thought I was getting automatic updates for X and Visual Composer? Regardless, I went to validate the product again following the instructions and now my item purchase code won’t register under either.

Now I am unvalidated and completely confused.

When you’ve validated X in the past, you should have gotten automatic updates. I’m not sure what happened why you’re site is not validated. Please note that automatic updates does not mean X and the plugins will be updated for you. You will only get an update notification and you will click the update link. I’m just making this clear. That is how automatic updates in WordPress works. Since your site is not validated now, you should follow the manual update procedure in this link https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62. Once you have manually updated X, you can validate it using the procedure here. Next, uninstall Cornerstone and Visual Composer then visit X > Validation. Upon visiting the page, X will automatically install Cornerstone for you and then you can reinstall the latest version of Visual Composer from there.

Thanks.

Woohoo! I figured it out (Sorry, over enthusiasm from a very non-technical person here). Thanks!

You’re welcome. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.