Visual Composer google font mixed content error

Thanks but it did not solve it. And you never responded to the missing fontawesome tff file from the x theme? /wp-content/themes/x/framework/fonts/font_awesome/fontawesome-webfont.ttf?v=4.5.0 still referred even though it should be 5 now right?

Ok sorted the frontend-editor.min.js script error it’s rocket loader from Cloudflare that was the difference of the staging and live environment. Sharing it to help other users.

Hi,

I checked and couldn’t find any fontawesome 404 error anymore.

Looks like a cache issue and got resolved when you cleared cloudflare cache and plugin cache.

These are the new files

Thanks

No still appear on live environment. And staging does not have cloudflare. Does not solve to turn on cloudflare on live so not that. And we bypass all performance with page rules.

Hello There,

I am another staff and I could no longer replicate the issue.
No 404 errors in the console already.

Please see the secure note.

It’s in the frontend builder of visual composer not in the frontend for the user.

So somwhere there is a reference to a broken webfont: /wp-content/themes/x/framework/fonts/font_awesome/fontawesome-webfont.ttf?v=4.5.0

Hello There,

The given credentials no longer works for us. Could you please update the credentials so that we can logged in and investigate this again.

Thank you.

Sorry pushed/pulled form live to staging so the account was then deleted since it is only appearing on staging. I’ve added it once again and login criterial is the same but I share them in a secure note once again. thanks

Hi @Incognito,

Isn’t that your staging? For clarification, it’s working on staging as you said, but not on the live site?

If yes, then what we need is login credentials for your live site especially for Cloudflare as it’s the only thing inactive in staging. Hence, I’ll try turning it on development mode while testing your live site.

And please note that `/wp-content/themes/x/framework/fonts/font_awesome/fontawesome-webfont.ttf?v=4.5.01 is an old path which is different naming now. If it still being requested by browser only means CloudFlare still served the cache pages. The new and correct font names are shown in @paul.r’s screenshot.

Thanks!

OK so you want access to live site. If so I need to know that you do not turn anything off and on like plugins or theme. This is an live environment and you know what could potentially break if you touch wrong things on a live environment. We have daily backups but still just want you to understand the critical environment you´re getting access to. Please confirm.

You can not turn on and off cloudflare from wp-admin. Off can only be changed from DNS in cloudflare. Dev mode is not the same as truly turn it off. And that is neither good to do. Dev mode does not sort it we tried this unfortunately, so as well disable everything in cloudflare expect the DNS.

Yes that is the strange thing and cache is cleared as well so as well varnish and I’ve curled to see that the varnish is cleared properly as well.

Hi @Incognito,

In that case, I can’t do anything especially the issue is present in live site and not on staging.

I will not turn off any plugins, but I like to change CF settings but seems it’s not possible. And probably, I can’t turn off varnish cache too.

In that case, I’ll continue checking outside your site and I’ll try finding a similar setup to yours.

Thanks!

I can turn of CF and put it in dev mode and varnish cache I can turn of as well I’ll do it tomorrow and report back in ticket. But I did this the other day without success and I will give it another try and let you know.

No sorry can not give you access to the hosting dashboard to have access to this kind of settings.

many thanks I will get back to you tomorrow when I’ve disabled functions such as cloudflare functions and varnish.

Thanks @Rad

Hi Mike,

Don’t just deactivate it, make sure you purge/clear everything.

How do I purge my CF cache?

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

Of course we purge/flush/clear cache. I’ve disabled varnish, flushed before and after, same with cloudflare without success. Still see the old FA icons paths.

Hello There,

Could you please provide the WP access to your live site? Or maybe you can create a test page or provide a page with most of the FA icons that is using old path?

Thank you in advance.

It is not in frontend at least no error in console there. It’s in the page builder of visual composer. Which break and make the frontend VC builder slow and bad UX to work with.

Hey Mike,

If you have visited the link I posted previously (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/extension-visual-composer/76), it says there that:

The Frontend Builder of Visual Composer is not the priority or the builder of choice in X and Pro. We do not fully support it. But, even with that said, I reported the console error to our issue tracker to make this known to our development team. I previously said that they will go through this in due time. And additionally, they are the ones who decide or prioritize bug fixes.

fontawesome-webfont.woff:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) fontawesome-webfont.ttf:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)

It is not for us, support staff to give fixes. There are situations where we can provide a workaround but it should not be taken as part of our support service.

I did test in a fresh WordPress install with the latest Pro 2.3.3 and latest bundled Visual Composer 5.5.4, the error persists.

Legacy X Integration - Disabled:

Legacy X Integration - Enabled:

If you really need to use the Frontend Editor of Visual Composer, I’m sorry but we can do nothing for this case but to wait for feedback from our development team. I’d recommend that you switch to Cornerstone or Pro’s Content Builder.

Thank you for understanding.

Ok so I understand you as we can not fix this until you release a theme update for this. Ok the issue is not present in the frontend for the users just in the visual compose builder. And we manage to fixe all other issues and this is just error in console which we have to wait for you to fix when it is. But please notify us here when it is on it’s way or status update when you have.

Thanks for the help and support.

We solved it missing files together with the hosting companies support! Below you see but strange since you said these files shouldn’t be present in the x theme version we use. (not the latest one since you just released it)

The file was missing on the live one. We copied it from the cloned one. It is not showing 404 now.

Glad it’s working now, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.