Visual Composer Content Band Settings

Hi there,

Thank you for the information, I think the problem should be the incompatibility between the version of the theme which you are using and the version of the Visual Composer.

I suggest that you backup your website completely and update the theme to version 5.2.5 and Then go to X > Overview menu item and install the version 5.4.5. Use our version of the plugin.

That should do the trick. Thank you.

I am having a difficult time getting the latest version. My web host wont allow me to install anything form the admin area, has to be uploaded via FTP. I have downloaded from here:

I don’t actually see where it tells me which Version I have. The version of Visual Composer included with this package is 03.08.2017 - ver 5.2.1

Thanks, Malcolm

Hi there,

Actually, that is a very bad sign that you can not install the X > Overview extensions. I suggest that you contact your hosting provider and demand a fix. You are always welcome to use our hosting service if you are interested in:

I added the zip file of the latest Visual Composer version which you can install on the Secure Note.

I think perhaps you are misunderstanding. I can install anything I want, but I need to do so via FTP. I seem unable to download the latest version of your theme from you website. How do I get that?

Also the link above does not work

Hi There,

You can get the latest version of the theme on :

https://theme.co/apex/dashboard

Hope it helps

That’s great. Can I also get another link to your version of Visual Composer?

Hello there,

You can get an updated version of Visual Composer including other extensions by reading our guide here: Setup - Updating Your Themes and Plugins

Hope it helps.

I did that, but I do not get the updated version. When I do this I get version 5.2.1.
You have recommended that I use version 5.4.5. How do I get that version?

You have sent me a link, that doesn’t work. This has taken almost a whole
week and I still don’t have a solution. Getting frustrated here.

Hey Malcolm,

Thanks for updating in! You can get the latest version of the site by going to your Apex dashboard. https://theme.co/apex/dashboard

Please download the zip file, unzip it and manually update the theme since you cannot update through the WordPress dashboard because your host does not allow you to.

If you want us to update the theme, please provide ftp so that we can log in and upload the files.

Thank you.

I have the latest version of the theme. I need v 5.4.5 of your Visual Composer that is provided with the x theme.

That is not available from the link you provided above, also not available from themeforest

Hi there,

Some of the updates aren’t available through Themeforest or theme package, most of it is available through automatic updates only. Those are updates that are recently added which can’t be added to Themeforest theme package instantly. Hence, your only option is to update it through the Automatic update and X/Pro overview page.

I just tried it and install a 5.4.5, and yes, there is no direct link download as we can’t provide that.

Thanks!

I have purchased your product, but I cant get the upgrade? Why can I not get a direct link to the download or you email it to me. This makes no sense

Hi There,

You can install the theme. Go to WP Admin > X> Install visual composer

That is the only way you can get visual composer with X.

Note that Visual Composer which is bundled with X is intended to be used with X only.

Hope it clarifies

I would like to kindly request that someone read the comments above before replying.

I have to install VC via FTP for security reasons required by web host.

I have been using VC for several years now, on this same web host and getting the latest version has never been a problem.

Please give me a phone number or email of someone that I can speak to who will get this done for me. I have been asking for this file for more than a week now

Hi there,

It’s because it’s made available for automatic updates only. There is no downloadable file except the plugins that come from Themeforest theme package, but that surely doesn’t contain the plugins made available through automatic updates. That’s what we’re saying :slight_smile: and we certainly read your messages.

And again, there is no downloadable file since the upgrade should always be from automatic updates and that’s where the license is validated and secured. And that is also to make sure that the site owns and validated that license and a license is only valid for one site, and any upgrade is only applicable for where the license is applied. We can’t just provide any file through the forum, but I’m going to provide it just this time. But in the future, please install it through X overview page.

And I’m not sure what’s security issues you’re getting by installing it through overview page. The connection between your site and our server is secured and it’s done only on your server. Installing it through FTP is more susceptible since it’s between you and your server. Any attack could happen from your end, or from the network connection between you and the server. But I’m not saying it’s vulnerable, I’m just comparing the two of which is more secured. But if this security is related to your host blocking the connection between our server, then you must contact them to fix it.

Thanks for understanding.

Where is the X overview page?

This is all I see

Thanks, Malcolm

Or this?

“Addons” was changed to “Overview” in X 5. In X 6 it will be “Validation” since we’ve moved some things around and only validated features will be available there.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.