Visual Composer Animations Not Working Cont

You locked this thread and there are still issues so I cant reply…

Unchecking that box in the settings screws up all the styling from the Visual COmposer. This solution will not work, can you please find another fix?

The parallax elements are now hidden and also spacing is messed up, however the animations all work when the X Integration is unchecked. We are halfway there but I need the animations to work and also not remove any styling and parallax features.

Also it messes up the editor view, removes everything except containers.

Hi There,

I have checked the code you have share on the previous thread, the animation is added on the column. With X integration enabled, visual composer CSS animation will not work on column because of the default fade in animation added through the integration.

So why does the plugin break when X Integration is unchecked? This doesnt seem like a good match of compatibility, you guys state that all plugins are tested before updates to make sure they function with the theme however this plugin and theme completely break?

Hey @powersnw,

First, your original thread was automatically closed because you did not reply within 10 days from the last post.

Regarding your issue, I have said in the other thread that.

That means X Integrated elements will be disabled that is why you see unstyled parts. You can’t have both X elements and some native Visual Composer features like its animation. To learn more how Visual Composer is used in X, please see this article.

Thank you for understanding.

So removing the functionality of visual composer on the back end editor is supposed to happen? That seems like a pretty big issue. The APIs are conflicting with core functionality of visual composer which to me doesnt make any sense, why would you have the option to disable the X Integration but it breaks visual composer all together?

Hi there,

I think that you misunderstood. In order to be able to integrate the shortcodes of the X to the Visual Composer, our development team had to change some core parts of the Visual Composer. That caused some of the original functionalities of the Visual Composer not working such as the animations. Our development team gave the option to have the original version or the modified X compatible ones.

So yes if you want to have animations you will need to use the original version and that means you will lose the ability to utilize X related shortcodes. The break you are experiencing is because of that. You already used the X related stuff.

So you either need to avoid using X related shortcodes and have the animations or avoid having the animations and use the X related stuff.

Needless to say that we strongly recommend that you use the Cornerstone for the content building as it is the official fully supported builder for the theme.

We still support the Visual Composer in regards to the updates to the Visual Composer releases but we will not implement any new feature for the builder.

Thank you.

Ok thank you for clarifying I had to go into the settings and unhide the Visual Composer elements, no wonder I have had so many issues transferring page data to different sites with different themes, years of that problem and now an answer.

Another question for both cornerstone and visual composer, why do the <br /> or <br> tags keep disappearing? Its really getting annoying having to continue to correct the same breaks over and over and over. This happens with X Integration on or off.

It’s WordPress that does that and not X nor Cornerstone. That happens when you switch from Text to Visual editor.

If you’re working with widgets, you need to use WordPress’ new Custom HTML widget and not the Text widget.

Thanks.

Ugh ok, I know their new customizer is a pain in the you know what too… Thank you for clarifying what triggers this nuisance! Now, how do I prevent this when adding the text boxes though in Cornerstone or Visual Composer? Do I select the WP Text component instead of the X Text Block or VC Text Block? Not in Widgets but on the pages and posts.

Is there any way we can send a smack over the internet to WP? lol

Hi there,

There was an issue in VC related to line breaks and should be fixed with the recently released version. What’s your current version of VC, please update it.

Since you’re using VC, please use its own built-in text element. The integration between X and Visual Composer is for backward compatibility, you’re free to use VC’s native elements instead of X elements. If you wish to use X elements then you may use cornerstone builder instead :slight_smile:

Thanks!

I was using Version 5.4.3, now there was an update to Version 5.4.5. I did the update but it is still removing the <br> elements upon saving. I am using a WP Text block like previously mentioned, not the X Text Block.

Also this happens quite often:

Enabling Maintenance mode…

Updating Plugin WPBakery Visual Composer (1/1)
An error occurred while updating WPBakery Visual Composer: Update package not available.

Disabling Maintenance mode…

A different site I manage with X Theme and license but yet it wont let me update VC like I was just able to update on this current site…

Trying to update from Version 5.1.1 to 5.4.5

Hello There,

The available supported version is just 5.4.5. It should be available in your automatic updates. You can check out the latest supported version from this page:

Thank you for your understanding.

Ok this is how I try to update and sometimes it works and other times it doesnt.

What about the <br> codes getting removed still? Any word on that?

Hi there,

The <br> problem is fixed in the latest release version of the Visual Composer plugin. Please backup your website and then deactivate and delete the Visual Composer plugin (You will not lose the data but the backup request is a necessary step to prevent any possible problems). Then go to X > Overview scroll down to find the Visual Composer and install the plugin and activate it. The version of your installation should be 5.4.5

This thread is getting long and is hard for us to maintain and understand the case as each time it might be another support staff to take care of the question. I strongly suggest that you open up separate threads for additional questions. You are always welcomed to reply here to follow up the same question.

Thank you for your understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.