Very bad website performance

HI, looks like the code is super slowing my website.

What can I do?

Thanks

Hello There,

I ran a test on pingdom and if you scroll down the report it will show you the measures you can take to speed up the website and time it’s taking to load all the components of the website. For example you can check this report: https://tools.pingdom.com/#!/cZgGzh/mentaledge-fitness.com

Our performance improvement guide we have shared all the necessary optimizations you can perform to speed up website load time, please walk-through it:

Thanks.

Thanks!

I added the code you gave me for .htaccess, the gzip compression but it is not working.

what do I have to add?

Hey There,

Is this an error message?

"The transfer size of the website is too big
The transferred volume of your HTML code is very large at 453 KB. It should not be more than 64 KB"

Where did you see this one? in your server’s error log?

Please let us know.

That is from 1&1 hosting website performance test.

Tks

Hello There,

Since you already have added most of the items we have listed in the performance article, I would suggest that you are further assistance from 1&1 hosting support on what you can improve further to resolve the error from their test.

Hope this helps.

Hi,

Forget their test. I’m focus about the Gzip Compression not working. I tried what you said but it is not working.

Can you help me?

Hello There,

Would you mind providing us the url of your ftp login credentials so we can take a closer look?
To do this, you can make a post with the following info:

• FTP Hostname
  • FTP Username
  • FTP Password

Thank you.

Hi Rue,

Sure

Hi @Iban,

Looks like you haven’t provided the URL of the site in question, I tried finding it but your account has many sites.

As for GZip, it will only work if your hosting provider supports it. I recommend contacting them and let them set it up, some host has its own setting that can’t be overridden. The code is only provided only if you’re allowed to implement it by your host.

Thanks!

Web address

Hi @Iban

I’ve tested your website using two tools to check if Gzip compression is working or not:

https://varvy.com/tools/gzip/

https://checkgzipcompression.com/

Both reported back that Gzip is working just fine, not sure where exactly you got it not working?

Thanks.

Hi Rad,

I called the hosting company, and they say that Gzip is working.

But this is what I get

thanks

Hi @Iban,

That’s not gzip related, it wants you to reduce the size of your image versus the size of the container it’s displayed. Example, if your image is a 1000px but displayed on a layout with 200px, then it wants you to reduce your image to 200px too, reducing it by 80%.

The problem with that is, there are many devices with different views and sizes. And that tool assumes that all devices see it the same as it sees it. In responsive design, layout size changes so you need an image that will cover all possible views. What if you have 200px image and it’s set as a background, hence, it’s full-width and viewed on a tablet with 1024px width? That that background will become blurry. Then what more is, what if the device is a retina display where images are required to be doubled the original size? Like 1024px should be 2048px. Still, it’s up to you, you can manually reduce those image’s and re-upload them.

Thanks!

Ok. I’m going to try to fix that.

Thanks!

You are most welcome. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.