Versions compatibility

Hi guys,
I’m new with Cornerstone. Need to know exactly what version must install.

First attempt:
WP 4.9.8
X Theme 6.3.8
Cornerstone 3.3.8
Cornerstone does not work properly. When clicking over LAYOUT, ELEMENTS and INSPECTOR it crashes (Server Not Found, it seems looking into non existing directories).

Second attempt:
WP 4.8.6
X Theme 6.3.8
Cornerstone 3.3.6
It does not work

I need help with this issue.
Many thanks,

Here is what happened with 1st scenario:

When clicking ELEMENTS:

Hosting has apparently no problem.

Hello Xavier,

Thanks for asking.

1. 404 error: Under Settings > Permalinks if you are using custom permalinks, please make sure not to include index.php in the permalinks. Please take a look at following thread for more information.
    https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/pro-problems-editing-wordpress-admin/46720/2?u=prasant
  2. Update Theme and Cornerstone: Please take a look at our theme and plugin update guide and update the same according the instructions mentioned in the tutorial:

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Hi again,
I’ve removed it from Permalinks and still not working.

Later on, starting WP and XTheme installation from scratch (to avoid updates troubles):

• WP 4.9.8
  • X Theme from purchased download (version 6.3.6)
  • Cornerstone included in X Theme 6.3.6 (Cornerstone 3.3.6)

Then go to Cornerstone and still not working whem clicking INSPECTOR.

I’ve also tried to change Permalinks to othe options (Numeric, etc.) and does not either work.

It’s rare so it i a new installation with no configuration manual update.
Appreciate to know what now.

Hi There,

404 error while using Cornerstone is most likely it’s related with Permalink settings.

Please try switching the permalink settings to the %postname% instead, if it doesn’t help, try with the solution mentioned in following tread:

Thanks.

Hi there,
everything checked and I haven’t achieved an improve at all.
I’ve installed X theme 6.2.5 versions with WP version released at the same time. It now apparently works.

I do not know what was really the problem.
It’s a pity.
Regards,

Hi Xavier,

In that case, would you mind providing your site’s URL and admin login credentials in a secure note? Plus, that 404 message is coming from your web server (host) and instead of displaying Wordpress 404 page. That means the request isn’t reaching Wordpress to properly decide the response for such request. Hence, could be host related issue and maybe it’s failing to forward the requests to Wordpress with URL rewrites.

Thanks!

Hi,
here is the content of .htaccess in path: www.esalma.com/wordpress.

Is it possible to identify the problem just looking at it?

BEGIN WordPress

RewriteEngine On RewriteBase /wordpress/ RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L] RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d RewriteRule . /wordpress/index.php [L]

END WordPress

Thanks in advance,

Hi Xavier,

That’s correct, and I still need to check your admin configuration for permalinks, please provide the credentials. For the meantime, please make sure your permalink structure in Admin > Settings > Permalinks doesn’t contain index.php.

Thanks!

Hi,
you can access the wordpress site with:
removed

Now there are installed WP 4.9.8 and X Theme 6.3.6.

Expecting your comments on this.
Thks,

Hello Xavier,

Thanks for providing the information. When we access your site, we encounter this message that we are blocked.
Please contact your hosting provider first to resolve this issue so that we can check your site.

Regards.

Hi,
I’ve found solution. Just need to SYNC HTMACCESS file from hosting’s admin panel.
Thks to all,

Glad you’ve sorted it out :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.