Using pre-made themes with cornerstone

Hi,

I’ve got a custom-made theme that has been designed and built to work as a standalone theme installed onto a Wordpress instance. I am trying to now integrate the theme with Xpro so that the client can have more control over the UI elements.

I am trying to ascertain whether this is actually possible. From what I have seen so far the only way to have a design which works within the cornerstone editor is to actually build the design in cornerstone itself. I have not been able to find any information on:

• Importing custom templates that can be used by cornerstone.
  • Creating global blocks from html
  • Creating templates

I’ve been through the process of setting up a child theme and adding my page HTML to template on the child theme however from what I can see the content on the page cannot be seen by the cornerstone editor, I am assuming because it does not have the correct syntax on the HTML to be compatible.

If anybody could advise then that would be amazing.

Thanks

Hi Klevur,

Thank you for writing in, please follow the article guidelines below on Cornerstone Theme Integration and Plugin Integration.

Since you have a license of a Theme (X and PRO) and not a license of a Standalone Cornerstone, I advise that you use the X or PRO Theme instead, and rebuild your HTML template in the Cornerstone/Content Builder. This way your clients won’t have an issue editing the pages in Cornerstone in the future.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.