Updating theme from 4.0.6

Hi my x theme I am using on my wordpress website is 4.0.6, I cannot figure out how to update it. Can I do this from the wordpress admin page - and will it not do it automatically when a new one comes out? thanks, Sally

Hello @hazytales,

Thanks for writing in! :slight_smile:

You can automatically upgrade via the Wordpress admin page but I don’t recommend it as it isn’t safe.

I suggest you do the upgrade manually. Please refer to the link below.

Upgrading WordPress Extended

Hope this helps.

Hi thanks, why isn’t it safe - id rather just do the automatic one as the manual is bit out of my depth!

I am just really confused what I have to do. I have done everything on the page https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-product-validation/55 where it says I need to register the licence etc and on my updates page it says that my theme is up to date - as you can see in the attached snapshot? it says Setting up Automatic updates can be done in a few clicks by validating your site. To get started, head over to the Product Validation612 article. Here’s how Automatic Updates works:
Once enabled, you will receive automatic notification in your dashboard when an update is available.
So my product looks validated as you can see in the snapshot to the right. So why do I not get a notification on my dashboard? thanks Sally

Hi @hazytales,

Yes, you should have latest update notifications if you are validated already. To fix this, please try to re-validate your set up again.

To re-validate, revoke your license then reactivate it again with the license key don’t forget to clear site and browser cache after re-validating it again.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.