Updates of X-Theme and its bundled plugins not available anymore!

One Month ago you have written to people on Envato that you provide manual updates and that they should use manual updates to update their site to the latest versions. Unfortunately, this seems to have changed again and now only automatic updates from your own server seem to be available which is a real GDPR issue and not at all suitable for professional development, Especially not if you are working with customers who are on very high alert and concerned about all that GDPR! All your latest updates are therefore not accessible for us.

As we are not able to use automatic updates for downloads as all updates have to be tested entirely locally, then on dev and staging sites before getting live - even the regular WP core update - to make sure that they no more contain any links to external sites (often plugin developers integrate advertisings to their own sites or pull images and other content from their own server), as well as other security issues. On the other side THEMCO updates are no more get provided regularly according to their changelogs on Envato like before, we like to ask THEMCO to push the latest updates always on the Envato server and provide a way that all their X-Theme and bundled content can be updated by a simple download like before.

Just as I am writing this here in your forum that below popped up and actually verifies why it is not good to use auto-updates at all - not even for a regular WordPress core update

Your topic is similar to…
Old x-theme - breaks when updating
Support
Aug '17 - Hi, Sorry my English, but I hope you understand. I have a client with an old wordpress installation. She are using an X-child-renew theme with Visual Composer plugin. Earlier this year she found ou…

As we are not able to post more links to your own content we recommend you search for it via search. All the content below just popped up while writing that thread.

Your topic is similar to…
X-Theme version 5.2.2 and plugins
Support
Oct '17 - Hello, I’ve updated X-Theme to version 5.2.2 and CORNERSTONE, VISUAL COMPOSER and ENVIRA GALLERY are no longer valid. I understand that I should not have updated. I did not need to update X-Theme b…
Problem after updating WPBakery page builder and x-theme
Support
Jun 21 - Hi, after updating Visual composer to the latest version (5.5) and x-theme to the 6.1.6, I have a problem with post masonry grid: it doesn’t work anymore. Also, there some other problems with post …
Site down after updating to x theme
Support
Jul 17 - Hi, updated to latest x-theme last night, updated all plugins inc cornerstone. Site is no longer viewable shows white page with this: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘[’ in /home/content/62/1…
One Page Navigation not working after update to X 6.0.4
Support
Mar 9 - Hello, i’ve updated the theme to the latest version. My One Page Navigation menu has always worked fine using custom links like #x-section-1 . Now, after update to version 6.0.4 it doesn’t working …
X Theme Won’t Update from 4.6.4
Support
Sep '17 - MY licensed version of X-Theme won’t do an auto-uodate. It still says I have version 4.6.4 Installed Version 4.6.4 CHANGELOG Latest Version Available 5.1.1 CHANGELOG I’m thinking that’s why when I …

As you can see in all those other threads you link yourself to updating with auto-update always bears the risk of complete site damages!

Please - either provide the latest updates you list in your changelog on the Envato Download or send them to us, so we can proceed with our further development plans for our project and future upcoming projects. Thanks a lot!

Thanks for understanding the issue
Kind regards

Andi

Hi Andi,

Thanks for writing in! We provide both options for our users where they can use automatic updates and also they can update X/Pro theme and plugins manually. If you check our update guide here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62) you can see a detailed guide on how to use automatic updates or manual updates.

Basically when you download the latest X theme from your Envato account, you can see it’s compatible Cornerstone plugin under this location (x/framework/plugins/cornerstone.zip) where you can use it to manually update.

Also with regard to the other plugins that comes with X, you can download the latest versions of the plugins from Envato as well and update manually by following the above guide.

Even though you’re using manual updates or automatic updates, we recommend to test it on a separate staging site to make sure that the updates are compatible with your current system where you may have your own customizations as well.

Also please note that it’s important to purge server cache, CDN cache (if you’re using a service like CloudFlare) and also browser cache before testing updates.

Let us know if you have more specific questions on updates.
Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.