Updated slider revolution and it stopped working

Hi,

I have a wordpress website with Theme X. I just updated slider revolution on my website (plainadventures.com.au) and after the update the slider below the masthead on the home page stopped working. It was working fine before the update.

Can you provide advice to fix the problem?

Regards,
Steve

Hi Steve,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please get back to us with the URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post so we can take a closer look.

Thanks!

Thank you Nabeel, I have just replied with a secure note.

Hey Steve,

The login credentials doesn’t seem to work. Please double check.

Thanks.

Hi, sorry I just updated in secure note.

Hey Steve,

I’m sorry but it still doesn’t work. I have replicated this in my test site though and the solution for me is to go to WP Admin > Slider Revolution and then click on Globals.

Then, enable Include libraries globally.

I’ll report this to see if it’s intentional.

I’d also recommend that you try updates in a staging copy of your site first so your site won’t get compromised in case of update issues.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

Thanks Christian, I manually updated to latest Theme X and also did what you described above and all works now. Thank you for your assistance.

You’re welcome, Steve. We’re still investigating if X plays a role in this issue. If this is an issue with X, we’ll probably include a fix in one of the succeeding releases. We’ll post an update in our Changelog.

Once the fix is in place, you can try deactivating the Include libraries globally so that Slider Revolution resources won’t be loaded in pages where there’s no slider.

Thanks.

UPDATE: I’d recommend that you use List of pages to include RevSlider libraries rather than Include libraries globally. The option is just under Include libraries globally.

In the field, input your page ID.

To get your page ID, please see https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-how-to-locate-post-ids/59

Hope that helps.

1 Like

Thank you, that worked.

You’re more than welcome, glad we could help.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.