Update to 6.4.6.Bugs?

Last night I was building away then for no reason I had NO access to many X related tools. after a couple hours of trouble shooting I ended up reinstalling version 5.2.5. Now I can the least keep moving.Also CornerStone was missing with dead menu links. CornerStone is still missing. X overview looks like large icons lined up on left.

I would like to update but…

Anyone know why this happens and a fix or workaround ?

Also are other older versions accessible that may be newer then 5.2.5 as I had that version on my system

Hello @passawayfarm,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

To solve the problem you are facing, please make sure to update WordPress to the latest version 5.0.3. As you have rolled back X Theme to old version. I suggest you update your theme to version 6.4.6 and Cornerstone to 3.4.6 in your staging server using this guide:

https://theme.co/changelog/

https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195

Thanks.

This site can be rebuilt from scratch, so what would the steps after WP is installed to reinstall X? is there access to 6.4.6 to bypass the problems of installing over an older version? Thank you! :slight_smile:

Hello @passawayfarm,

Thanks for updating the thread.

As you have mentioned that website can be re-built from scratch then all that needs to be done is install latest version of WordPress and X Theme by downloading the file from members area or Themeforest.

In my previous thread I have shared link to the update guide. In that guide we have mentioned about manual updates, in case there’s some issues with automatic updates.

Let me know if that answers your question. If you have further questions, please let us know and we will be happy to help you out.

Thanks.

1 Like

New WP install , 6.4.6 nor 2.4.6 pro would not install.

Hi @passawayfarm,

Please provide us login credentials in a secure note so we can take a closer look.

Thanks,

Thanks for the offer to help.

I have reinstalled WP for the 3rd time today. I had 6.0.1 that I installed clean. I also had to deactivate CornerStone to get things to work. As soon as I can figure out how to send a privet massage I’ll shoot you the log in info. Feel free to do whatever you want at the site. I can always start over. lol

you may have to copy and paste the link.

Hi @passawayfarm,

You updated your Cornerstone to the latest version (3.4.6), but you leave your X behind (6.0.1). I did go ahead and revert back your Cornerstone to v3.0.1 to avoid incompatibility issue.

I think you need to resolve your WordPress Address and Site Address first because that is causing 500 error on Cornerstone.

See Settings > General your WordPress Address and Site Address is different, that should be the same. Are you still working on a dev site (http://andresenpurelyraw.com/wp/)? or live (http://andresenpurelyraw.com). Please do the change.

We can update your X and Cornerstone later after we resolve that error.

Thanks,

Thanks for looking at it… I never use cornerstone anyway… as far as the address, I set it up exactly how it’s suppose to be, using WP setup tools. So I don’t know what you mean about that. lol
Whatever you did, did not work. If you go into custom then “manage theme options” goes to a dead page…
Most of the related X and cornerstone are not working…

I really dont get this I have another site setup more-less exactly the same way with the same plugins that works perfect with 6.4.6

Could it be related to the licenses, as it’s for PRO? like I said, it would not install Pro. I’ll try to put pro on top of this install it later… looks like your in the account…

Hi @passawayfarm,

Take a look at the first screenshot you provided on your first posts, that is the issue that I resolved by downgrading the Cornerstone.

Now regarding this HTTP ERROR 500

This is your site address right (http://andresenpurelyraw.com/wp/), with a trailing /wp/?
Now navigate to Appearance > Theme Options you’ll see the ERROR 500 and notice the address (http://andresenpurelyraw.com/x/#/options), the trailing /wp/ is gone, that is because how you set up your site address.

No, license has nothing to do with this ERROR 500, not sure what do you mean by looks like your in the account.? Please clarify.

Hope this shed some lights,
Cheers!

I get that but I know that it’s not setup wrong on my end… but why isn’t X and cornerstone working "within the NORMAL use in WP as I have it set up? Why did this error start hours after I set it up this way? Why is X Theme working fine on two other sites setup exactingly the same way? Why does it work with cornerstone deactivated? You can even see that I’m using a WP option that I have it setup right in WP. This is a real X bug! I setup the redirect before I installed X…
I get it, it’s easier to pass the buck on a “WP feature” then to figure out why it’s not working… I thought X worked WITH WP… I was wrong… A new review is coming on Theme Forest…
I know it works the way I have it setup. I just need to find out why it’s not working and work around this error.

Fresh install of WP with no changes (no redirect) I can’t install new version of Pro nor X (Error 403: Forbidden)
YET I can installed 6.0.1 without issue… Can’t find an older version of pro… 6.0.1 does not have an upgrade detected tho I can see 6.4.6 showing, [check now] for upgrade is not working… Really? I don’t have time for this!!!

So work around… turn off redirect when editing site, turn it back on when done…

I still need to figure out how to get Pro uploaded. new version does not work…

Hi @passawayfarm,

Sorry for the confusion, and I’ll explain it a bit :slight_smile: . It’s because of all incompatibilities and not because cornerstone isn’t working on a normal setup. And incompatibilities are caused by updating them partially (updated cornerstone while the theme isn’t, or updated theme but Wordpress isn’t). It can’t update itself so it shouldn’t cause the issue at all. And it’s based on what we saw on your site while the issue is present. Example, updated cornerstone with the outdated theme, it’s not really going to work.

Then It works while cornerstone is deactivated since there are no two endpoints that causing the conflict. And conflict is only applicable for two or more existing features, like the theme and the builder.

And looks like you have changed your login credentials, I can’t check the update issue this time after you restored it. Please note that it’s a known issue that update and validation may not work if you have updated the cornerstone first due to javascript errors caused by a conflict between incompatible versions. That’s I think is the first issue on this thread. Let me know the latest credentials so I could further check.

Thanks!

Well this install… I ended up upgrading cornerstone after I did that, the 6.4.6 update was there so I got it working… then I found older ver. of Pro. installed that… then I updated to the new ver…
all and all running around for two days for something that should have not been a backward to move forward in any case is a JOKE!
On a side note… many X/CornerStone features in [custom] are not in Pro, AND regardless of X or Pro customize / customize theme options… there is no return to customize from “customize theme options”. we you can use the browser back… lol

Where is the 3d inlay looking text that was default in X (6.0.1’s) Integrity stack? it’s gone in 6.4.6?

Hello @passawayfarm,

Thanks for updating the thread.

Other than the demo contents which X Theme comes with, Pro Theme has every thing that X Theme has to offer along with Header and Footer builder tools. For demo content, Pro Theme comes with design cloud. Can you please let us know the feature you are having difficulty using in Pro Theme?

You can access the Pro Theme or X Theme, Theme Options panel from Pro/X > Theme Options. Please don’t use use Customizer as X and Pro have there own theme options panel. Here’s a screencast that you can take a look.

Can you please elaborate the question?

Thanks.

In a nutshell I set up what you saw plus a few other things on my site then use that page as my temple so I won’t need to use customize again…

Yes the account you had access to is gone, I uninstalled the WP so I could reinstall to trouble shoot the problems on a clean slate. At least 3 more times today.

I have 6.4.6 working now with my workarounds as needed.

I learned a lot in the last two days about what works and what doesn’t.

As far as the Pro missing elements… that’s a lack of the cornerstone options… they where items i needed for my build. I’m really not in the mood to uninstall 6.4.6 and reinstall Pro to give you a list… lol

I still don’t get why I had no problems with my other X sites…

Yes I over do it with the questions when I’m in the zone trying to get something to work but if it helps me get answers… OVER AND OUT! until next time…