Unable to validate my licence

Hi,

I purchased a theme licence and applied it to my wordpress.org site. But the licence isnt getting validated. I keep getting a timeout error. I then added the licence on my apex account & then deleted and re-installed the theme on my site. But the licence still wont get validated. Can someone help me out.

This is an automated message to notify you that your thread was posted in the wrong forum, and it has been moved to the correct place. A member of our team will be happy to reply just as soon as your thread is up. How support works.

For support, please post all questions in the Support Forum.

For peer to peer conversations with other Themeco customers about tips, customizations, or suggestions you are welcome to use the Peer to Peer Forum (no official support provided here).

For Design & Development, Marketing & Media, and Hosting & Optimization discussions you are welcome to use the General Forum to discuss with fellow Apex members about non Themeco related topics. Please keep this in mind in the future.

Thank-you!

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! What is the error message when you validate your X theme? For more troubleshooting tips and guide how to resolve this, please check out this knowledge base article: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-validation-connection-issues/201

Hope this helps.

Here is the error message. It says ‘cURL error 28: Connection timed out after 10001 milliseconds’

Hi there,

Timeout has many possible causes, that includes certificates issue, firewall, not updated cURL, or mainly your host timeout is configured too low, and much more. I do like to get the exact error through debugging, would you mind providing your admin and FTP login credentials in a secure note?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @Rad, Im sorry, I completed missed these posts and was tied up with other projects. How do I privately provide you my FTP login credentials through a secure note? The problem is still unresolved.

You can use the “Secure Note” button found on any of your replies.

Thanks @alexander . Also do I pass the details of my Wordpress login, or hosting login.

We will definitely need the WordPress admin credentials. If you can provide FTP credentials as well, that would be very helpful. If you’re not sure about FTP credentials, you could provide access to the hosting account and we can use that instead.

1 Like

Thankyou, secure note created with required details.

Hi There,

Upon investigating, I can confirm, this is a server error due to your current configuration and setup. Could you please ask your hosting provider to increase the cURL timeout time and see if that helps.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

@mldarshana Thanks for investigating. I will ask the hosting provider to do the same and see if it works.

Hi guys,

Thanks for the support. The port 80/443 was blocked on my hosting site, because of some parallel issue. I have sorted it out and was able to validate my licence finally.

Thanks!

Glad you were able to resolve it :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.