Unable to access Cornerstone for editing - Problem solved thanks!

Problem fixed by deactivating Plugin Polylang Version 2.2:
After using Cornerstone with ease for the past couple of months from development through to launch, as of tonight I am unable to access Cornerstone on any pages; the option to edit in Cornerstone appears as normal but upon clicking on edit it takes some time to load and then the page goes blank. Since all my content has been created via Cornerstone, this is essential to utilise. Can you please advise?

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in.

You mean it is solved now and you’re moving away from Polylang plugin? Or should we check it? If yes, please provide your site’s URL and admin login credentials in a secure note. I like to check it too :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Hi There, I’ve had to delete the PolyLang plugin, since it immediately disables Cornerstone; I’ve tried reinstalling the PolyLang plugin that was updated 6 days ago, but it still disables Cornerstone. I then tried the plugin Lingtek but it relies on Polylang being a partner to it. Do you have any other suggestions with regards a Language Translator plugin, where I do our own translation - I don’t want to install an auto translator onto the site? Cheers

Hi there,

Our development team is working on this to have the WPML and PolyLang compatible with the new versions of the theme. Please kindly read this news article for more information:

You can always check if the compatibility is there in the new release or not by checking the changelog page:

https://theme.co/changelog/

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

HI there, I have now purchased WPML and installed all components, and Cornerstone is working well; however the issue I’m having now is that the translated page with embedded video (linked to YouTube) only shows the embedded code not the thumbnail. The original page (in English) is fine. There doesn’t seem to be the capability to edit via Cornerstone when translating a page, so I can’t re-embed the video on a translated page. Any ideas on how to correct this?

Hi again, I’m getting furthe complications accross my site - yikes! Upon purchasing the WPML plugin there was no reference to needing to have Web Development experience to “Self-Translate” however following the download this need to have WD experience is reiterated several times: and it is so complicated and is causing all kinds of issues: 1) Not loading the thumbnail on any embedded videos, 2) Not allowing to edit/translate complete pages but rather only half, 3) and now my Shop Page has the menu duplicate over 80 times which requires one to scroll done through these before getting to the products! Can you assist please? Should I deactivate the Plugins?

Would you mind giving us the URL of your site?

Give us the details of your setup and screenshots. Did you follow this instruction https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/xtheme/

What do you mean by this? Please give us details.

Please check for the following:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

Thanks.

HI Xian

Thanks, mu site URL is: https://vivatonic.pt
And yes, I have followed all the advice you have suggested, still to no avail.
Attachment of screen shot relating to Issue 2 are here, where the translating editor only facilitated half the content upto the Green Belt, confirming that at this point the translation was 100% complete - but the page was only half translated - see the Red Belt section still in English; also the code in the translated Green Belt section is visible :
Is this directive with regards Translation Strings perhaps causing my problems - see Screen Shot attachment following:

Thanks and awaiting further assistance!

Hi there,

Where did you take the first screenshots? Please provide your login credentials in a secure note. I like to check and gather information about this. There are some known issues between X/Pro and WPML (other translation plugins), but I’m not saying your issue is related. Maybe this is something I can include in the list.

And it will be more helpful if there is a video recording for all these issues so we know the exact procedure on how to reproduce this issues.

Thanks!