Uber Menu Question

hi

I have installed Uber menu as I wanted to be able to put some stylish horizontal tabs on a single page. Once installed and activated, it immediately changed the look on my main navbar, so I quickly deactivated it.

Can Uber menu do what it is I wish, which is to retain my main navbar in the header, but directly under that header, I want to have a number of tabs horizontally across the page? if not, I may have installed the wrong addon.

If it can, where in it can I stop it affecting my standard navbar in the header? As I said, as soon as it was activated, it went to work completely changing the look. I’d rather leave that navbar along for the moment and just create some tabs underneath.

I am using the Integrity stack. If you need the uRL, it is http://feastthailand.com, though the page I wish to add the tabs to is the About Us page, which currently has some pretty dull looking tabs

Any suggestions gladly accepted

Regards

Hi There,

Thank you for the detailed description of the issue. That is how it works by default. When Ubermenu is activated, it replace X theme menu. If you don’t want that, please go to Appearance > UberMenu and disable this automatic integration:.

Please check this:

You might need to manually integrate ubermenu:

Hope this helps.

hi Lely

Thanks so much for your reply

What I was hoping to do was to leave the original menus as is for the moment; at least until I can play further with Uber to find a look I am happy with.

But the actual aim is to have one single menu, About Us, open to a page with tabs sitting underneath that masthead. The original menus would still be above, with the tabs below.

Is this something that appears possible with Uber?

Thanks so much

Hi There,

Yes, to use the Ubermenu without disrupting your current menu setup is by manual integration as stated previously.

Hi Lely

I just activated Uber Menu again and deselected Primary under Automatic Integration, but I’m afraid when save is clicked, Primary is immediately ticked again

Is there not a way to turn this off and have it stay off? I have since deactivated it once again until I can resolve this

Regards

hi Lely

Just an update. What I did was select Footer Menu and that kept my existing primary menu in tact and I have no footer menu, so it has affected nothing.

A shame they don’t have a demo mode so you can play with various looks.

Ideally I would like to allocate a menu for a test page and see some looks I might like before committing.

Is using a widget the best way to put a menu on a single page, Lely?

I am not really a graphic design type of person, so for me, I just need to see some examples of some looks and then I can make a decision. I just didn’t want to have it affect the menus right now until I chose the look I wanted, if that makes sense.

cheers

Hi again Lely

OK, things are progressing well playing with various looks and bringing in the right elements.

For one menu item, I have created a tab block, but I am unable to make the row height accommodate the submenu items when selected. Is there a way to increase that height or at least have it responsive so it resizes to the content?

URL is feastthailand.com/about-us-new

The menu is currently living below the masthead and the image, but that is just so I can play with various looks. When I am happy, it will replace the primary menu on a live page

Thanks again, Lely

Regards

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! I am seeing this: https://prnt.sc/fytr4g
Regretfully there is no height settings for the tab block UberMenu. The row will always be based on the maximum height of the contents.

Hope this explains it briefly.

cheers Ruel and thanks for the reply

regards

You’re welcome.