Typography options in PRO are confusing

Continuing the discussion from I am confused about global typography settings using Pro:

I don’t get it.

1. The Font Templates is where you can set the font and sizes to import.
  2. The Theme Options/Typography you can set the font to use and the letter spacing per element.

Where do I set which size and weight to use for H1, H2 etc?
I can set it on the element settings, but I have to do that for every headline separately on every page. This makes no sense.

Do I really have to use CSS to customize typography for every headline element? Please clarify. Thx.

Hi there,

At the moment you need to do it for each element that you use the element options. But we are going to release a new version of the theme soon which has a section as template manager. You will be able to set the style of the H1 or H2 inside the Headline element once and save it as a template and use it through the website.

Please stay tuned for the upcoming release of this feature to be available. The documentation of the usage for that feature will be available then.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

It would be much more helpful, not to mention logical, to have everything pertaining to type within the Typography section of the Pro editor. Select the fonts you want to use, H-tag sizes, body sizes, kerning, colors, breaks, etc. Doesn’t make sense that this would be in the heading section either. I’d rather use the Headline element if I wanted to override the standard H-tags.

Hey There,

Thanks for the feedback and it has been noted. We’ve added this as a enhancement request to have a more clear and flexible typography implementation so it can be taken into consideration for next release updates.

Thank you for your understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.