I am confused about global typography settings using Pro

A while back, I used the X theme with the cornerstone editor, but I recently started another site and decided to use Pro.

I am very confused about setting global typography settings. There seems to be several places (e.g. in Customizer or in Text Templates) where one can set some properties such as font, size, color. I don’t know which set of settings is being used for specific elements.

My use case is fairly simple. I want to define globally how h1, h2, h3, etc. and body text looks like. That is, I want to specify font-family, size and color. I know I can do this with global CSS, but this seems like it should be taken care of by configuring settings. I don’t really like working “under-the-hood” unless I really have to.

My current workflow in Pro is to use a headline element, then manually select size, color, and then pick the appropriate text template to fix font-family and weight. This seems like too much manual work - and can breed inconsistencies if I accidentally use one size on one page, versus another size on another page.

Is there any way to get rid of all this manual work?

Hello @meruapps,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Something that I can suggest you is to define heading template from Pro > Launch > Templates > Fonts. Next, in headline element you can let the font family inherit (by default inherit is already selected and nothing needs to be done) the settings from font template manager.

If you are not comfortable with V2 elements then you also have the option to go with clasic elements. For more information you can refer following tutorial:

https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/features-font-manager/101

Let me know if that answers your question.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.