Translation of footer in pro

Hi Themco

I am having trouble with my translations on my WP site in pro.

Can you give me a hint too how I get my footer translated to different languages. I am using WPML and pro 1.1?

Hey,

Thank you for writing in!

This article ought to help you: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-translation/61

Hi john

Thank you for the reply I am using WPML and managed to translate most of the site. but i cannot figur out how to handle/translate the content in the new footer builder where I have some static text i want to translate.

Link to site: bdb-metoden.dk

Sorry for the confusion. The header and footer builders does not currently have a connection to WPML unlike Cornerstone. This would be possible with custom development but that would be outside the scope of our support. We do have an in-house custom development team that offer paid services, who may be able to assist. They can be contacted at pinnacle@theme.co if this is of interest to you. If you have any further questions about the theme, we are more than happy to provide you with assistance on these inquiries.

Thank you for your understanding.

Hi KnowledgeWorker

I just stumbled upon this thread and i have encountered the same problem before so i thought i should share a solution. Since you are using WPML and it is static text you want to translate, the best approach is to use WPML’s multilingual text widget. Simply use a widget area in your footer and connect it to a sidebar or similar. Then create a multilingual text widget for each language you want to translate.

I know it can be quite extensive to set this up but its pretty straight forward. It can also be in need of some styling to get the positions right. Perhaps themeco can help out with this.

Hope this will be helpful to you!

Best regads /Erik

1 Like

Thanks for sharing, @erik_ragnar

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.