Translate with "Loco translate" does not sync with a file "pot"

Hi,
I try to translate with Loco translate but syncing with a file “pot” can not be done, because the loco translate recognition only file “po”. I created a file “po” (pro-el.po) for the Greek language in “themes/pro/framework/lang” but I get this message:

Error: Translation set not known in Pro

Translation is normally done but the button “Syng” not working

Any idea how we can fix this problem??

Thanks

Hey Petros,

Regretfully, we are not familiar with the features of Loco Translate plugin and also, we do not have third party plugin support.

Our theme does not have a feature that will affect translation functions. Translation files are simply provided with the theme and the standard Translation method described in our documentation works with no problems. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-translation/61

Please contact Loco Translate support for questions and issues regarding the plugin and its features.

Thanks.

Hey Christian,

Thanks for your answer. I followed the instructions. I created 2 files (el-EL.po, el-EL.mo). Then i created a folder “languages” in pro-child and upload the 2 files (el-EL.po, el-EL.mo). But in functions.php the code:

add_action( 'after_setup_theme', 'load_child_language' );
    function load_child_language() {
        load_child_theme_textdomain( '__x__', get_stylesheet_directory() . '/languages' ); 
}

it does not work for me. Translations are not displayed.

Any idea what we need to fix?

Thanks

Hello Petros,

The code should work as expected. The problem lies within the naming of your language files.
Please have it renamed to __x__-el_EL.po and __x__-el_EL.mo

We would love to know if this has worked for you. Thank you.

Hey Rue,

I did the changes but it does not work.

Hey Petros,

According to our translation article. The file name should be without __x__. That is how I translated my test site.

Please try el_EL.po and el_EL.mo

If that does not still help, please give us WordPress Admin and FTP access so we could check your exact setup and we might see the cause.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.