Top images show on full site not on mobile

OK thanks to all the amazing peeps here I have pretty much figured everything out myself, it is easy once you get the hang of it! So this is like one of the last things I cannot master. I still cannot figure out how to get to Layout to fix this for mobile. Cheers

Hi There,

The screenshot that Paul provided is from the latest version (X5.2.5 & CS 2.1.7). If you can not find the Layout panel then most likely you’re using the older version. Please watch the clip below on how to navigate to Section’s Hide Base on Screen Width on old version.

If you decide to update your X theme and Cornerstone, you can follow the guide provided here.

Hope this shed some lights,
Cheers!

I think I am uptodate as we just installed last month. I found the section per your video you posted above, the little animation. Thank you! I seems to have worked but problem is now on the mobile version if you look it duplicated the same section again (without changing the images so it is fixed and also not fixed at the same time :wink: Please view site in mobile to see. How do I fix? Thank you!

Hi There,

Your X and Cornerstone have a version of 5.1.1 and 2.0.6 respectively, so yes it is not up to date.

Regarding the issue, the idea is to have your sections a reverse settings of Hide Base on Screen Width so when the desktop sections are visible the mobile section is hidden and vice versa.

Please hide your first 3 sections on mobile (small and extra small screen).

And replace this place-holders (title, text, image) with actual content.

Tip: Preview your page in small or extra small screen by pressing that mobile icon:

That way you can conveniently edit your mobile contents.

Hope this shed some lights,
Cheers!

Thank you kindly, would you be able to tell me how to update both of these? Is that related here to the issue? I am not sure I fully understand your reply. How would I just edit the mobile side and not regular, at same time, I guess I may know how to do that but not sure how to delete it anyways. I am really desperate to hire someone to help me with a few final bits. It will not take much of your time. I have asked already on the facebook forum and no one replied. You can go their and see for yourself :frowning: please I only wish someone could help me real quick … I am happy to pay. Email me redphive AT live dot com

Hi There,

Please see the guide here on how you can update your Theme and Cornerstone.

It’s not directly related to your issue, but we feel to encourage you to update because there are a lot of changes happen from the version you have now (5.1.1) to the latest one (5.2.5).

Sorry if my explanation confuses you, actually the Hide During Breakpoints feature is a simple concept (please watch this clip).

here’s the clip for the old version.

Hope that shed some lights,
Cheers!

I would like to send you my login details if that is ok… tho I do not see how to add the secure note option here in a reply. Can you tell me how to do that? Thanks!

Hi There,

Please look for the secure note tool on the bottom of your replies.

screenshot

How To Get Support

If it is a different issue, we kindly ask to create a new thread as this one is getting too long and being hard to support.

Thanks,

Hi and thank you! I was able to submit my private details for login as per the request. I am on the final stretch and thank you so much, to recap on what I need in very simple terms I am trying to get the mobile version of the site to look right regarding images at top. I finally got the images to show up but now they are duplicated for some reason. As you can see I have tried to do this on my own for weeks and just need a little help from my friends here at the end. I am almost done!!! Also someone noted that I needed to upgrade, could someone help me with that too? Cheers

Hi there,

I think you need to use the device preview in order for you to fix some elements specific to a device. While you’re on the builder, there is a mobile icon in the vertical bar along with the save buttons. Click that mobile icon and you’ll see on top of your builder different break-points for each device, click them. That should switch your preview for different device and you’ll able to manage your elements.

Duplicate images are there because of pre-existing images in mobile view.

Thanks!

Thanks and so how to remove delete those? Thanks

Hello There,

Mobile icon in the vertical bar along with the save buttons;

Once you click it, it will display different screen sizes on top:

You can toggle the screen sizes and you will see all the sections being hidden/shown only to that specific screen size.

You can simply delete it by clicking the section and find the delete button.

To make sure that the section is display in all screen sizes, please click each section to inspect if it is hidden based on screen size width.

Hope this helps.

Yes I have tinkered with all these sections but to no avail. The trouble is when on mobile for some strange reason, after it loads the section correctly it loads it again but this time it is just the template version (no adjusted text or images) it is just a generic repeat of he three sections that originally would not show up on mobile, it is like it did it correctly then kept it wrong below that. See for yourself. Thank you!

What you see is actually the mobile version. You must hide the desktop section if you want the mobile sections to display or delete the mobile versions if you don’t need them. Please see the Secure Note.

Thanks.

Yes but how specifically do I edit the mobile version to get rid of this? This is my question I have been trying to resolve for some time. I don’t know what to do to fix it. Thanks.

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in! There are two ways to edit the pages in different screen sizes.

1.) Using the Mobile icon, it will give you different screen sizes.

2.) Or to easily check your page while editing in Cornerstone, you can always use the skeleton mode when editing for faster response and easy access of all the elements in the preview area. This is also helpful especially if one of the sections or elements is not visible or hidden in selected screen size or you may have applied visibility options to a section of element.

Hope this helps.

You Sir are a Genius! Thank you!!! Close this one out =)

You’re more than welcome, glad we could help.

Cheers!

I’m baaaaack! I did not intend to reopen this but I have added new images to the home screen that just like before in the above thread will not load on the mobile, Its the 4 pics in the High Profile Projects section, I have to be honest, I never fixed this issue above. Someone logged in and did something that fixed it and I was so happy as I had been working on that thread/issue (2 threads same issue, this and an other one) for a month! Can someone help me once more pleeeeze! Also why does the Posts/News page load so slow on mobile? None of the other pages with just as many and bigger images takes so long to load, just the Posts page. Thx!

Hi,

Your section was set to be not visible in mobile.

Please deselect these two.

With regards to your blog page, it seems to load fast on my end.

To improve it some more, you can try this third party plugin.

Hope that helps.

1 Like