Theme X Inquiry Overload & Site Downtime

I am having an issue with my website UmanityLab.com. The host provider said it’s a theme issue. It sends out too many inquiries and then essentially times out my website. Today the website went down for a few hours and sent me a fatal crash email. If I deactivate the theme, it will lose all the customized details. Is there a known bug with the theme at the moment or how do I narrow down the problem? Can you help help me update the theme?

Hi Bryan,

Thank you for writing in, no, we have not received a ticket with this same issue. Currently, your site is up, Although your X and Cornerstone is not updated to the latest version (X 7.1.2 / CS 4.1.2) I don’t see that being the cause of the issue, your Wordpress version (5.3) is up to date as well, so I don’t really see the issue on your site at the moment.

Would you mind providing more information on why the provider said it’s a theme issue? Can you share an error log?

To update X and Cornerstone, please follow the following link.

Updating Your Themes and Plugins

Remember to clear all your caching features (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Cheers!

I updated cornerstone and the x theme with the most current versions. I can’t find the error log. I googled how to find it, but don’t see it. Do you have any insight on where to find it?

Hello Bryan,

The error.log can only be found in the server. You will need to login to your FTP and browse to the folder where you have installed WordPress and in the /wp-content/ folder too. It is best that you enable your debug mode and display the errors in the debug log file. You can do this by opening wp-config.php and adding

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

You should be able to check any errors in the debug file.

Meanwhile, you can analyze your site’s server request by checking it here:

As you have the results, your site has 3.7MB file size with 103 server requests. I also found out that the majority of the script requests are made by Ultimate Member plugin. I would recommend that you improve your site’s performance by following some of our suggestions in this article:

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.