Theme Options Typography vs Font Manager

Hi

Please could you clarify how the Typography section in Theme Options relates to the Font Manager? I’ve configured the Header font in the Typography section of Theme Options but it’s not being applied to my headings ie. elements with tags H1, H2 etc. To style my headings differently to the paragraph text I’ve had to create a new font in the Font Manager and manually select this new font from the Font Family dropdown list in the Text Format section for each individual header element. Is there an easy way to easily and quickly change the fonts for all H1, H2 etc elements in a site? I’m sure there must be but I’m finding it very confusing. Thanks in advance.

Mark

Hi Mark,

Thank you for writing in, please navigate to Theme Options > Typography and Enable the Font Manager

Then scroll down to BODY FONT and HEADINGS FONT and assign the fonts that you defined on the Font Manager.

If you set it like that, you can leave your Headline and Text elements font-family option to inherit and they will get that defaults font.

Please read more details here.

Cheers!

Thanks Friech - that’s definitely made things a little clearer, although it’s still rather confusing.

I’ve set up two fonts in Font Manager - one for Headings and one for Body. I’ve enabled Font Manager in Theme Options and assigned the fonts accordingly. However, if I now set the Text Format of a Headline element to Inherit, it uses the body font, not the header font. For headlines to adopt the header font I have to configure the Font Family for each one - this seems to defeat the object. What am I doing wrong?

Many Thanks

Hi Mark,

The inherit is working properly, the assigned font family is applied. Perhaps you’re referring to font styling? Like weight, size, and so on?

With V2 headline, you have to set which head type, weight, and size manually.

Then once you’re done, save it as a preset.

Then go to X/Pro > Templates and click the Cog (gear) icon and go to template manager section, and select your saved preset for your headline.

That will be applied be applied to all your headline elements.

And theme option’s headline font setting is also recommended for standard and default headlines, like post and blog titles, classic headlines, and manually added headlines.

Thanks!

Thanks Rad,

So just to be clear - the Headings Font setting under Theme Options > Typography doesn’t have any effect on V2 Headlines? It only works for Classic Headlines - is that correct?

Hello @RazorPig,

Yes you are right. The Headings Font setting under Theme Options > Typography doesn’t have any effect on V2 Headlines. It only works for Classic Headlines. That is because V2 headlines has its own default settings and you can change the font individually in the headline element settings instead.

Hope this helps.

Hi RueNel,

Thanks for clarifying this for me. I’m a long term user and fan of x-theme but surely you guys can see that details like this are going to drive users away - the headings setting in the typography section of theme options doesn’t have any effect on the headings - really?

May I ask - is there any timeline for consolidating the Classic and V2 elements in to a single, easy-to-navigate user interface?

Hello @RazorPig,

There is no ETA yet of when will the integration of the default setting for the v2 and classic headline be implemented. I will inform our developers about this and let them join in the conversation in this thread.

Please bear with us and thank you for your understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.