Theme customizer not working

Hi there,

My customizer is grayed out and I can’t access the options. Tried to deactivate all the plugins but the issue remained. What should I do?

Regards,
Paulo

Hi Paulo,

Did you recently update your theme version from an older version?

If so, the options in the customizer are now moved to X > Theme Options.

In case you have been checking in the theme options, please try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Let us know how it goes!

Hi Jade,

Thank you for your reply.

I have the theme always updated to the latest version.

I was searching the place where to change the site favicon. I read in this forum that it should be located under X > Theme Options > Site Icons, but in my Theme Options there is no such entry. Then I searched this forum and found this thread https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/site-icons-missing-from-most-of-my-sites/38251 but I can’t access the customizer.

I have already checked any plugin conflict by deactivating them but the problem persists.

Any ideas?

Hey @pnbnsv,

Please try contacting your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

If that does not help, please give us WordPress Admin access in a Secure Note.

Thanks.

Hi there,

I added those codes to the wp-config.php file but still doesn’t work.

Thanks.

Hi Paulo,

This issue might be related to a broken WordPress update, I’ve just reinstalled the latest version of WordPress on your site:

and I got the customizer working fine:

Thanks.

That’s it! Thank you very much!

You are welcome :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.