The preview was unresponsive after loading. HELP!

Im going to lose my mind.

ive changed the settings as suggested by mods here.

php
execute time
memory

cached system
latest x theme
cornerstone deleted and reinstalled.

still get this message

The preview was unresponsive after loading. This is most often related to a plugin conflict or aggressive page cacheing.

can someone please go into my system and see what the problem is.

EDIT: ive been able to get it to work 50% of the time but when I do cornerstone is wonky… sometimes it wont load properly or it will take FOREVER to do anything…

Why do I have to do 2 days worth of work every few months fixing stuff that wasnt broken? why doesnt it just work? I cant just create a website for my business and have it be. I have to fixing stuff that breaks because the website and host dont play well together. why not just go with squarespace or wix at this point?

1 Like

Hi,

I tested and the issue is intermittent which means that it might be due to server performance.

If there is an error, cornerstone will never load.

Can you try to contact your host and let them increase your memory limit.

I know you have change it but sometimes some hosting does not allow it and your changes will not reflect.

Thanks

I agree. Every update is brutal. Memory increased and did all of the above. Nothing is easy in this theme anymore.

What should we do now, buy a new page builder?
What are the best Clowdways settings (even though I already set them)?

I used to get script errors, but your team said to ignore them.
How can there be script errors with a drag and drop page builder?

How can we continue? We have no builder

Hello @Selbis21,

Sorry to hear your frustration. Our next update is underway, and will be released this April 2018. Bugs will be fix including the ones we have on Cornerstone builder. Please see our updates on our releases below:

Regarding your Cloudways configuration, you can follow some resources below:

Hope that helps. Thank you for your understanding.

Thanks, I have read all of that stuff.

Are you saying the next update will fix Cornerstone’s viewing issues? That was never addressed in Kyle’s plans.

We need a solution until then anyway.

Also, I don’t believe you answered my questions above. Also, could this viewing/editing problem be from the old X theme sections/code in place, and not the new Ember platform?

Thanks

Hi there,

The cornerstone view/preview issue isn’t a bug, it works well on our sites and to other users end too. There are many contributing factors why this is happening and this can’t be fixed just by updates, the host environment has a role too.

Based on your provided information, it’s due to performance and that’s what happens when a fully functional builder (with many features) run in the limited environment.

We’re not sure about CloudWays optimal or best settings, you could try consulting it to a person or online community (like Facebook group) that are familiar with CloudWays. Plus, increasing memory limit isn’t always effective since any host could still override it especially for shared hosting.

The error that I can only see is related to wp-lists.min.js?ver=4.9.4:1 Uncaught ReferenceError: ajaxurl is not defined which isn’t related and has no effect on the builder preview. There is no error when I drag and drop elements or sections, and it loads fast on my end. I assume this is related to the traffic of your site but I’ll continue checking. And please provide the screenshots of what you’re getting especially the error.

Thanks!

You guys are saying two different things. We need answers and a working cornerstone please. Please address the actual questions above.

Even on the pages that open with cornerstone show spinners everywhere (middle of the page, bottom right red spinner, grey spinners)!

We have already done all of the suggested fixes from other posts. Please pass on to management if you don’t have the fix.

Thanks

Hi,

The image is not private, you need to use Secure Note if you want it to be private.

With regards to your issue with cornerstone, kindly open a separate thread and provide us with your wordpress and ftp login so we can take a closer look and provide a tailored answer to your situation.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.