The preview could not load. This is most often related to a plugin conflict or aggressive page cacheing.

Hi Nabeel

Thank you for responding.

I setup Cloudflare years ago and completely forgot that it exists.

I logged in now and it says that I currently don’t have any websites. So it looks like I setup the account but did not add my websites.

I looked for your recommendations and could not find them inside of my Cloudflare account, could this be because there is no domain registered with them?

Kind regards
Usha

Hi Usha,

I checked that account in CloudFlare and that is not the responsible one for the website in question. I double checked the case and it seems you are using the CloudFront CDN and not the CloudFlare. Maybe I am wrong, is it possible that you get back to us with the URL/User/Pass of your website to delve into the case and see why this is happening?

Also, we want to get your permission to do the tests, for example, turning off plugins, changing the Child Theme to the parent theme, …

If it risks your current website, I suggest that you contact your hosting service provider and ask them to create a staging version of your website.

Thank you.

Hi Nabeel

Thanks for assisting. It is a brand new website, so feel free to do what you need to you. I have a re-direct setup in my Cpanel to a Kartra leadpage for now.

I will send login details.
Regards
Usha

Hi Usha,

The problem was the super cache plugin. I disabled that and added two sample pages and they worked with no problem.

Please avoid using a cache plugin during the development. After you finish up all the website details then you can enable the cache plugin. In some cases, the cache plugin should be configured correctly to work. Such as excluding the Cornerstone assets from minifying as our assets already are minified.

Thank you.

Hi Christopher.

Thank you, I logged into the account and went to theme options. This is the error message that pops on the screen. I also went into edit one of the existing pages with Cornerstone and this same message appears on screen.

Hey Usha,

This has something to do with your redirect. That is not allowed as you’re basically previewing the page you redirected to which the builder can’t show.

Please remove the redirect. If you wish to hide your site. Please use an under construction plugin like our extension. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/extension-under-construction/89

Hope that helps.

Thank you kindly, that worked!

I have another website with Pro installed - which has had the same issue.

I removed the re-direct, activated the under construction plugin and there are no other plugins on that site but the problem persists.

I have included login details for you to have a look, or let me know if I need to open a new support ticket.

Thanks
Usha

Hey Usha,

The cause of this one is different. If you check the console, the error message is Internal Server Error. The browser does not provide the exact cause though since it’s in the server. We can only see that in the error log.

With that said, please first contact your web host to give you a copy of the error log and post the errors here in the secure note. That might lead us to the cause.

Please also give us cPanel access so we could check your WordPress configuration. You can ask your host for the cPanel access.

Your WordPress setup is unusual which might also be the cause of the error. I’m specifically referring to the Reading settings where you miss some options in Settings > Reading.

Thanks.

Hey Christian

Thanks, the wordpress setup was done years ago, but when I updated my X theme, the error message started. I converted to Pro hoping that would help, but still an issue.

I will send you Cpanel login details and have requested the error log from my web host.

If there are any settings that you note which should be changed, let me know the preferred settings and I will change.

Thanks a lot.
Usha

Hi Usha,

It seems the first site you have provided is already working as @christopher.amirian said. I can also confirm that, please use another browser for testing, as cache are also stored in user’s browser. Cleaning and disabling it on the server has no effect on browser caches.

But yes, the last site you have provided has error log, which could be related to security.

I checked the errors from CPanel and all I see is access denied error and file does not exist error. Perhaps it’s related to it? Do these sites hosted on the same environment? I’ll continue checking, for the meantime, could you try cloning your site to a staging (separate host) just for testing and comparison? And please clarify those errors from your hosting provider to see if it’s normal.

Thanks!

Hi Rad

Thanks, yes site #1 - merakievolution is working thanks to your colleagues.

I tried another browser, same error message appears. I have also cleared the cache and browsing history on Chrome.

The sites are hosted in the same environment.

The hosting provider takes 24-48 hours to respond, will revert as soon as they reply.

Happy to clone the site, can you tell me how to do this?

Regards
Usha

Hi Usha,

Sure, please let us know once they replied. And please check this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yat8HfpY1eM, you may use All in one migration. Though, seeing that the last one is a new installation then you don’t have to clone it or migrate it, it will probably work on other environment and this issue is only isolated to current host environment.

Thanks!

Hi there

I cannot upload the error log - not allowed on this site. You can access it via my CPanel as follows:

You can download the error log file by logging in to your cPanel.
Once you are logged in to cPanel, open up the “public_html” folder and then the folder for the domain in question which is ushamaharaj.com
You will see the error log there.

Regarding site migration - I have exported the site and deleted all content on the site, so it is pretty much a brand new setup, hopefully this makes it simpler to resolve the issue.

Let me know if you need anything further.

Thanks
Usha

Hey Usha,

I increased your memory to 512M and it did solve part of the issue. Now, the Theme Options and Content Builder works if you edit through a page other than your home page.

Once a page is set as home page or you visit Theme Options through the menu or in the home page, the issue persists. There’s no error in the log that points to the cause. In the console, the only lead is the stoppage of XMLHttpRequest sending.

Please contact your web host if they have something to do about that. If they could not help, regretfully, you will need to move your site to a different host as they do not support the technologies used in Pro.

Thanks.

Hi Christian

Thanks for assisting, I will liaise with the host and revert.

Kind regards
Usha

So you helped me to get X working on merakievolution.com
And we can’t solve the Pro theme on ushamaharaj.com

They are both hosted with the same service provider.

What if we just swop sites - move the Pro licence to Merakiveolution.com and the X license to ushamaharaj.com - then we will be able to see if it is a hosting issue or if it is a theme issue?

Ok, I went ahead and added the X theme to ushamaharaj.com (this is the site that Pro is not working on).
And I still have the same issue, which means there is a conflict with the theme - this same problem existed on merakievolution.com - and now exists on ushamaharaj.com

Kindly assist in resolving. It does not look like a host issue as both sites are hosted with the same provider.

Hi Usha,

First of all, let us inform you that we do understand that this back and forth is frustrating, and you do want to get on with the website development. We are doing our best to find the problem cause and help you here. There are some points that are in our power; some stuff is not.

At the moment, we are doing tests to find why this is happening, and the fact that you installed the X theme on ushamaharaj and it is not working is a good starting place. As the X theme works ok on Merakiveolution I realized this should not be a theme problem, I tried testing that and installed the Pro theme on Merakiveolution.

The result was interesting; Pro works with no problem with Merakiveolution. This rules out any theme code related issue. It is a setup issue on ushamaharaj.

I spent some time to find out what is the problem, but I could not. I also have no clue other than the one that my colleague mentioned, which is the XMLHttpRequest. I am not sure that is the problem cause or not, but that is the only clue I have.

As you mentioned that this is basically a start over, I suggest that you do the WordPress and theme installation from scratch on ushamaharaj. This will be the ultimate test to see if the setup is the problem cause or not.

As a side note, it took ages for me to upload the Pro theme and activate it despite my super fast internet. This is only an observation and does not prove any point, but shows that the server is too slow and indeed the hosting service provider can be a problem cause.

Thank you for your patience and your cooperation to get the hang of this problem :slight_smile:

What if we go ahead and delete wordpress from ushamaharaj.com and start fresh?

I have no idea how to do this, but maybe you can assist and this may work?

Hi Usha,

You could do that, but please remember you’re only installing the same files again and it if happens to be host environment issue then it will still the same.

And unfortunately, we don’t offer any installation in the forum. I recommend contacting the hosting provider and have it installed for you and configure the memory and disable any existing internal caching. Please note each hosting has its own standard way of installing Wordpress, could be managed one or installed through script installer. Please check this too https://documentation.cpanel.net/display/CKB/WordPress+Manager

I checked ushamaharaj.com and it’s indeed problematic, there are times it will load and there aren’t regardless of memory limit. It may be in same hosting, but it could be different machine/server. Perhaps, if it’s a shared hosting then it could be the problem since multiple sites could share resources on the same machine, and a site that’s not yours could use it up.

Thanks!

Hello, just wanted to let you know this is resolved at long last and to say thank you for all of your assistance.

FYI, this is what the feedback from the web host:
Following your query this is to confirm that we have managed to resolve this issue by white listing mod-security rules that was blocking this feature.

Kind regards
Usha