"The preview could not load due to the iframe response being incomplete" - Polylang and Duplicate Post plugins

I have a page that is working just fine. Did “clone” (using the Duplicate Post plugin) to create a copy. When I try to edit the new page with Cornerstone I get: “The preview could not load due to the iframe response being incomplete. This is most often related to a plugin conflict, or customizations introducing a PHP error.”
I am also using Polylang. I believe this worked fine when using the previous version of Cornerstone but not in latest (3.5.4)

I found this thread, is this issue solved or is this the problem I am having?

Cornerstone 3.5.4
Polylang 2.5.2
Duplicate Post 3.2.2

Some more testing:

• If I make a new clone (Duplicate Post plugin), it works fine to edit with Cornerstone (draft and pulblished)
  • If I change language on page (Settings, changing from Swedish to English - Polylang plugin, Swedish is default language), it will no longer be editable in Cornerstone: “The preview could not load due to the iframe response being incomplete. This is most often related to a plugin conflict, or customizations introducing a PHP error.”
  • If I change the language back again (from English to Swedish), it works again.

Hi Max,

Thanks for writing in! Regretfully, Polylang plugin is not fully compatible with X/Pro themes at the moment. The alternative solution is to use WPML (https://wpml.org/), but it’s not a free plugin.

In case if you want to use WPML plugin, we recommend the following versions which are compatible with X/Pro themes.

• WPML Multilingual CMS - 4.0.6
  • WPML String Translation - 2.8.6
  • WPML Translation Management - 2.6.7

The other alternative option would be to follow our translation guide here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-translation/61).

Thanks for understanding!

Thanks for your reply.

Is there anywhere I can see/follow issues that you are working on, or do you keep that list internal only?

I’m thinking about the issue mentioned in the thread i linked to in my original post:

We already have a pending issue in our issue tracker which aims to resolve the conflict between Polylang and Cornerstone. Our developers is already investigating it and hopefully a release update will be coming out soon.

Hello Max,

Thanks for updating the thread. :slight_smile:

As of now our bug tracker is for internal use only. However, a good place to keep a track of latest announcement related with Themeco products is our changelog page. Along with that I also suggest you to keep an eye on News section (check the right sidebar of Apex forum) wherein we frequently communicate team is currently working on, our future plan of action. I am sharing a screenshot that you can take a look wherein I have highlighted the News section.

https://theme.co/changelog/

Thanks.

Hello, I am receiving the same error (The preview could not load due to the iframe response being incomplete. This is most often related to a plugin conflict, or customization introducing a PHP error.) We have tried on our end and cannot solve this problem

We cannot edit our page and need a solution. Can you please advise?

Hello Christopher,

It’s my humble request please create a new thread as usually posting on ticket created by different user causes lot of confusion resulting in slow response time which often is a frustrating experience for customers. Please create a new thread and we will assist you accordingly. You can give reference to this thread for faster response time.

Thanks for understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.