The Grid plugin causing server errors

I am getting an error “Updating failed” after changing the post type. When I pressed update post it just spins and spins and never saves. Then the post seems corrupted and won’t load on the website or in the admin side. Further, the index page containing that post won’t load either.

If I wait long enough I get a ‘500 Internal Server Error’. I’ve been back and forth with tier-two support at my hosting provider, and they’re saying something on my site is causing a timeout. After going thru again and turning plugins on/off, I’ve narrowed it down the ‘The Grid’ plugin. Disabled, the index and post in question loads just fine. Enable, nothing loads.

Suggestions? Is there a known issue with The Grid? Could I have something mis-configured? I’ve created a custom skin that I love, so ideally I can make this work…but I really need my site to function smoothly.

Hello Dave,

There is no known issue with The Grid. Is this issue specific when the custom skin that you have created is in use? Or it also happens on any other skin? If it happens on any other skins too, please make sure you are using a compatible version of the plugin. See it here.. If the issue persists, can you setup a staging site with existing issue? We can check on staging without affecting the production site. Please share your site credentials inside a secure note. Thank you.

I confirmed I’m running the latest version before I reactivated The Grid and switched to default skins. I’m not sure if it’s the memory upgrade on the server side or default skins, but pages are finally loading. They load painfully slow, but they eventually load.

I don’t have staging site, but you’re welcome to check things out on the live site if it’s helpful. Otherwise, I think I’m just going to deactivate The Grid and uninstall…just not worth the crippling performance and instability.

Hi @dbrinda,

I’ve created a test page and the speed looks good on my end(< 5 seconds):

https://360rambler.com/?page_id=1083&preview=true

Could you please double check?

We also have an article about the performance:

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

So weird…everything seems to be back to normal. Yeah, Grid seems to be working just fine now. Thanks!

Glad to hear that. Have a great day! :slight_smile:

So now it’s happening again. Grid pages not loading, everything loading slow. If I disable The Grid, everything loads fine. Something is definitely up…

Hi Dave,

I’m checking and it’s working but notices it uses another plugin for the grid which is the Content Views Query plugin. Have you replaced it? If you’re going to change it back to the grid then make sure the Global library is loaded in Admin > The Grid > Global Settings. And it shouldn’t cause any delays unless the images it tries to load are too big.

Thanks!

Ive had too many onging issues so i decided to remove The Grid and try a different grid plugin that seems more reliable. thanks for following up though

You’re welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.