The Grid 'Gallery' + Cornerstone conflict

We’re really sorry but as of this time, there is still no solution to this because of the differences in The Grid and Cornerstone systems. Please note that bugs and conflicts may take a long time to get resolved.

For now, though I understand it’s not convenient, you should save your page (or draft) and view the live page to see the grid.

Thank you for understanding.

Hi,

So you’re saying that The Grid is at the moment not compatible with Cornerstone?

I think you guys should mention this on your website and forum a.s.a.p. and delete it from the overview-extensions section till it’s solved! You can not sell something that is not working in the back-end!

How are we going to solve this problem? I don’t want to switch to Essential Grid and the ‘solution’ you suggest is not an option!

There is currently a bug where the Grid does not display and attaches an image to the elements only in the back-end. Front-end works fine which is the most important part. With that said, there is no incompatibility. Sorry if you got confused with my previous reply.

I understand your frustration but we could not remove The Grid in our extensions list because of a bug. Our development team is systematically working to resolve all bugs but please note that not all of them are easy to solve. Your patience on this matter would be very much appreciated.

What I suggested is only temporary. Alternatively, you could work on Skeleton mode so you could see The Grid element (also temporary).

We’re very sorry for this inconvenience.

UPDATE: I checked our issue tracker and our core developer tested The Grid 2.5.0 and the development version of X and Cornerstone and it worked on his end but further testing is still needed.

Just FYI, I tested Pro 1.2.3 with The Grid 2.5.0 and it works where it doesn’t with the previous version of The Grid and Pro. I see you’re using X but this might be solved in the next release. I’m not promising anything here but I just want to give the status regarding this bug.

Thank you.

Hi,

Well that’s what I like to hear :slight_smile:

Is it possible that I can get access to The Grid 2.5.0 so I can test it myself?

Awaiting your reply.

Hi There,

The Grid 2.50 update should be available on your WP Admin Dashboard if your theme is validated.

You can follow the latest versions available with the theme on our version compatibility page.

Hope it helps

Hi,

Owk is it available yet because I don’t see it…

Hi,

Updated The Grid to 2.5.0.
Theme, plugins, everything is up to date but still the same problems in Cornerstone editor mode.
No preview of the grid and images are injected in every section…
See screenshot :frowning:

UPDATE!

I have DOWNGRADED Cornerstone back to 2.06.
X-theme, WP and all plugins are up-to-date.

The grid ‘Gallery’ is showing in editor-mode.
Problem with injection of images from gallery in below sections still excists.

So were back were we were on July 25th!!! :disappointed:

Hello There,

We apologized for the inconvenience. A new release update will be rolling out soon. It is now in beta testing and this issue has been resolved in that version. Hopefully once we ironed out everything, it will be available in automatic updates in a few days. Please watch out for it.

Thank you for your understanding.

Hi RueNel,

Ok, that’s great! Thx for the info and your support!

Grtz Marco

You’re welcome! We have one more beta that needs to be released for testing - after that’s all clear this update will be released. Should be sometime in the next few days.

Hi,

Updated to the latest versions and everything works fine!
Thx for the great support!

Have a nice day!

Thanks for letting us know.

Cheers!

Hi Joao,

I tested The Grid Gallery problem on another site and everything was fine.

I now had the time to update the site where the problem was. Unfortunately the problem is still there after update WP, X and Cornerstone! :persevere:

Images injected in every section and The Grid keeps spinning. It’s only in Cornerstone edit mode. Frontend is fine.

So I reverted everything on the LIVE site. LIVE site is running Cornerstone 2.0.6. Still with the Grind/Media gallery problem. Everything else is up-to-date.

For testing I made a copy and installed locally. Than I run the updates again, locally. No CloudFlare, no SSL. All the plugins deactivated, except Cornerstone and The Grid (Media gallery).

Problem is still there!

Hi there,

Looks like it’s not accessible this time, will try it another time. But I did check with the mentioned versions, with The Grid 2.5.0 and I don’t see this issue anymore.

It could be just an issue from your end, how about setting up an online staging of your site instead of local?

Thanks!

Hi Rad,

Thx for your reply.
It’s only a backend problem so I updated the LIVE site.

On the homepage backend everything is fine aslong as I don’t use a media gallery via The Grid.
The bigger problem are the car-detail pages. They all use The Grid Media gallery. When I switch to another Grid (no media gallery) it keeps loading in the backend. Front end is fine.

See secure note for more details

Hello There,

I have logged in and edited the page. It seems that there is a JS error. Upon checking I noticed that you are using CloudFlare. Could you purge your site cache and make sure that you are using the recommended CloudFlare settings? You can find out about it from this link: https://xthemetips.com/using-cloudflare-rocket-loader-with-x-pro-and-x5/928/

Please let us know how it goes.

Hi,

Thx for your quick reply.

I will check Cloudflare but as mentioned before I have a copy local without Cloudflare and still the same problem.
And one more thing: All of the three gaps I used for different screen sizes are visible in the backend. See screenhot.

Hi,

Tested Cloudflare in developer mode but still the same problem…