The Grid Audio Problem

Hey guys,

i recently opened a topic, but it seems to be closed by now. Unfortunately I still have the same error and no fix. Here is the topic:

Are there any news? This is a really annoying problem. I know that it is caused by a third party plugin, but you do have this in your theme package for which I paid. So I expect some support or at least some pressure from yourside towards the “The Grid” programmers to get this fixed.

Hi there,

I checked the previous thread and understood that everything is working ok in other browsers. The thing is that Safari browser does not allow audio files to auto play anymore. That is a restriction that Safari imposes and not us and nor The Grid developers will be able to address.

Here is a detailed information regarding this:

As mentioned in the article above the user of the Safari browser can change that behavior in the settings of the browser, but that feature is not available by default.

Thank you for your understanding.

Hi!

Well, the problem is not that I want files to autoplay. I’m using the audio function of the grid, which displays controls to start or stop the audio. The problem is that the audio starts to play independently of the controls. So as far as I understand, it’s not really an issue of autoplay being prohibited by Safari.

Hi there,

So this is not only happening on Safari? Is the problem happening in Chrome too? If that is the case kindly get back to us with the URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Also give us exact steps to recreate the issue, so that we can test this both on your installation and our installation. If there is a bug in the code of The Grid we will report this to the developers of the plugin.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.