The Grid - Audio Element - Hide Standard Media Player and show Pause

Hello dear lovely support team,

I am currently experiencing the same The Grid issue as mentioned here:

And since the fix seems to take longer than expected I am in the need for a workaround. Currently I hid the mejs player with Global CSS code. So because of this there isn’t any possibility to pause the music other than selecting a different track.

There is definitely a pause button showing after I pressed the play button but this is hiding after a fraction of a second. Is there any easy way to change this behaviour and get the pause button again?
I know this is kind of out of the scope of support but it would help if you could tell me your way of doing it. Do I need to look into the plugin files itself and look for that code?
Also: When browsing the site while using the iPhone, it actually shows the iOS standard media player from webkit. Can I hide this swell until the bug got fixed? When this happens I would style my own mejs-player.

Do you have any news on that bug fix?

Thanks so much!

Hi @raphaelzydek,

Unfortunately, this is something that we can not be of help as the way The Grid plugin is coded; it needs the controls to work correctly. You did a great deal of CSS styling, and now it conflicts with the Javascript code that adds/remove the button ::before pseudo-class. This will need a deep dive into the styling and how the Grid is coded which indeed is time-consuming and as you mentioned way outside of our support scope. I am afraid you will need to hire a developer to fix the issue for you.

Regarding the IOS, unfortunately, you do not have much of a choice as the IOS automatically switches to its player and there is no way to stop that.

The only suggestion that I can give is to use the Essential Grid plugin for your case.

Thank you for your understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.