The basics - font

And just when I thought x was a great theme, you go along and change everything.
So now i have to learn all the basics again.

The first thing I wanted to set up was the font.
I went to appearence/theme options/ typography. all i could fix there was to choose between inherit, body copy and headdings.

So i went to appearance/costumize/typography and set the font to Rubic. Nothing changed.

So then i went to x/launch/templates/font and set the font to Rubic. Nothing changed.

So then i figured out that i have to go to cornestone, and scroll down on the text element until i get to
text format, there change it form inherit to headline. The font changed. yeah!
But not the size. if i use h1 or h5 they are all the same size. and i can manually give them new sizes.
here is a link to the saddest page, because i could not even figure out the basics. http://offroadfinnmar.wpengine.com/statnett300/
headline and paragraph just look the same.

Does that mean i have to scroll, click twice and remember all setting for every headline and paragraph i make just so h1 looks exactly the same on page 1 as it does on page 4?!

Do you have new tutorials and changelogs that explain how the … i should use things now?

This is the 9 license i bought and now with all this options i cant sell cornestone as a great tool to my clients anymore, because they cant just go and edit their content anymore without running the risk of changing everything.

sincerly,
a rather unhappy old client

4 Likes

Hey there,

We understand your frustration but this is a big update and our management has been reaching out in our blog, the X / Pro FB group and other channels before these changes. This is why we recommend that the update must be done in a staging environment first so nothing will change in your sites should you wish it’ll stay that way.

The Customizer’s Typography won’t be used if the Font Manager is enabled in Theme Options. Turn it off and setting a font will just be the same as before.

Sounds like you’re using the new Headline element. Please use the Classic Custom Headline if you don’t want to set the font size but only the Looks Like option.

Just for your information and it would be best if you participate in discussions, work has began for a template manager. With that, you can setup an element once and save it as a template to be used repeatedly. See this blog post for details.

As for tutorials, please see our Knowledge Base.

Thanks.

hi there, i read this post @RHN with compassion and i could have written it, too. same experience. bought almost 10 licenses and was happy. not anymore, though. because of the unclear new font options. i have many active topics to get to the root of it. but only here i begin to understand the new logic behind pro and x2.

The Customizer’s Typography won’t be used if the Font Manager is enabled in Theme Options. Turn it off and setting a font will just be the same as before.

this is vital infomation! why did nobody say so up to now?

same here:

Sounds like you’re using the new Headline element. Please use the Classic Custom Headline if you don’t want to set the font size but only the Looks Like option.

this should be documented somewhere. but that also means that the new v2 elements (header and text) do their own thing. regardless theme settings (customizer or theme options in cornerstone). yes?

i could not find any of these information in the knowlege base. it would be helpful for “old” customers to explain the new way x/pro works. i wasted a lot! of time with this.

thanks a lot! kai

2 Likes

Hi Kai,

Please refer to the other thread you have posted where we replied with the details about the font manager.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.