Suggestion to improve performance for new site using Pro + Revolution Slider

Hi there,

We are working on a new version of our site and are just about done. However, we are realizing now that the performance of the new site is quite poor (I will post the link to the new site version in a private note). Our developer has done the basics as follows:

1. Compressed all images using ShortPixel plugin
  2. We are using Total Cache for caching everything that the plugin allows to be cached.
  3. We are running on Google Cloud Platform with a robust server.
  4. We are using Revolution Slider on a few of our pages but only have one slide per slider. Also, configured the Lazy Load to “Smart” in Performance settings for every Slider.

What could be the cause for the slow performance? Are we doing something wrong? Will appreciate any pointers.

The link to the new site is in the private note below.

Thanks.

Hi Misha,

Regretfully Website optimization is outside the scope of support that we offer.

We do have a Performance guide but state above the page:

Thank you for understanding.

Understood, @paul.r. Please see my Secure note.

@paul.r

I have resolved the performance issue. I am sharing my results here in the hope that others will not have to go through this pain.

The culprit was the Convert Plus plug-in! Very poorly designed. It loads its code on all the pages, even where you are not using it and it performs horribly thereby slowing down every page.

Hey Misha,

We are just glad that you have figured out what is cause the said issue.
Thanks for letting us know!

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.