'Subscribe' missing

Hi. I used to have a Subscribe section on my footer but it’s suddenly gone missing. It’s even missing in from my widgets setting. I didn’t remove it, so how did this happen?

I previously had a list of subscribers. Have they been deleted too?!

Hi There @juanajaafar

Thanks for writing in! I’m sorry to hear that you’re having this issue. Your subscribers should be saved on your newsletter provider (Eg: MailChimp).

It could be a plugin conflict, if you have installed new plugins lately. You may try disabling recently activated plugins.

If you have done any customizations through child theme, try switching to your parent X theme and test this issue again.

If you’re using a caching plugin, make sure to purge your server cache and test this issue again.

If you already have the email form created, you can add the shortcode again and test it.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

Sorry, I need some help here.

I’ve not installed any new plugins or made any customization through child themes.

And I have no idea what a caching plugin is :frowning:

My problem seems to be only in the Subcribe widget in my footer. I have another form in Contact, but that seems to be okay.

Hello There,

Have you been using a plugin for your subscribe widget? Check if that plugin is still active. In most case, WordPress may have automatically deactivated due to some errors. ​To assist you better with this issue, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look?
To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

Thank you.

Done. See above.

Hi @juanajaafar,

Thanks for writing in.

There are no forms for subscription in your setup. You need to add new form in order for you to show again a subscription form.

I recommend that you always backup your site before updating or if you are done developing your site so that it will be saved in case something will happen again.

Hope it helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Hang on, so what happened to my previous subscriber list? There used to be a count on my dashboard but it’s been missing since this whole thing happened. I didn’t remove any of this so it should be somewhere in the system no?

Hi,

Your subscribers list should still be intact in your mailchimp account.

With regards to your form, unless you have full backup of your site you will need to create it again.

Thanks

Hi, I tried to activate the Email Forms plugin but it failed with “fatal error”:

“Fatal error: Cannot redeclare x_email_forms_admin_menu() (previously declared in /home/jjftp/juanajaafar.net/wp-content/plugins/x-email-mailchimp/email-integration/setup.php:41) in /home/jjftp/juanajaafar.net/wp-content/plugins/tco-email-forms/email-integration/setup.php on line 48”

Hello There,

X Email Forms plugin needs to be deactivated before you can activate Email Forms plugin. Once activated, please insert your MailChimp API key and start creating your new email forms again.

Please let us know how it goes.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.