Structured data errors

Hi,

How can I fix these errors in google search console structured data?

Structured Data > hentry (markup: microformats.org)
Missing:author
Missing:updated
Missing:entry-title

Screenshots attached

Thank you!

Hi there @ukic,

Thanks for writing in!

Are you using our Structured Data extension? Or do you not currently have any Structured Data/Schema plugins installed? If you are using our extension, please send through a screenshot of the settings for any of the effected pages/posts so we can take a look.

Thanks!

Did this ever get resolved. Having the same issue myself.

@rglohre

You can install and utilize Snippet extension for this. You can check our guide here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/extension-snippet/94).

Hope that helps.

What if I am already using Yoast? Will that create an issue?

Hello There,

If you are using Yoast, please check out this thread to resolve your issue:

Please let us know how it goes.

:slight_smile: Just added this to my child PHP, I’m also using Yoast as I had this same errors in google search console structured data.
Everything has been fill out and saved except these two aspects.
CTRL + F5 didnt help for a full refresh.

1: But I’m trying to add “hours” in the snippet Organisation setup tab, it wont accept hours, and goes back to blank when I hit save.
2: I cannot “ADD” any information in the Contacts tab, hitting the ADD button does nothing.

yes - been following the guide at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/extension-snippet/94
Any clues??? thanks

Hi there,

Would you mind providing a URL where these errors are being detected? Because they might not actually from a post, but from carousel or sliders that uses hentry class. Any block that has that class will be considered an article by Google and it will look for the schema which doesn’t exist.

Thanks!

Where is “this thread” all I see is a quote???

Hey There,

You will need to collapsed the quoted thread to be able to see the contents correctly.
By the way, this is the code that is in the thread:

function add_suf_hatom_data($content) {
	$t      = get_the_modified_time('F jS, Y');
	$author = get_the_author();
	$title  = get_the_title();
	if (is_home() || is_singular() || is_archive() ) {
	$content .= '<div class="hatom-extra" style="display:none;visibility:hidden;"><span class="entry-title">'.$title.'</span> was last modified: <span class="updated"> '.$t.'</span> by <span class="author vcard"><span class="fn">'.$author.'</span></span></div>';
	}
	return $content;
}
add_filter('the_content', 'add_suf_hatom_data');

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

:slight_smile: that code removed a bunch of the errors from inside my Google console still shows a hentry error and the snippit plugin still won’t add contacts per my above.

sorry for the late reply - as there is no email notification I’ve been attended to I’m only here as I cloned my site to test X6 as I’ll be jumping from X4.6.2

as my site is so crap i’ll give the url via private

Is this still necessary with the latest release from X?

Hi there,

Yes, you should let the code remains in your installation as this issue could be trigger by other plugins or custom codes too.

As for hentry issue, what specific page has this? I tried it in google rich snippet tools and I can’t locate which page has its. Please note that any page that carousel or slider that utilize post classes can trigger this error.

Thanks!