Staging site not allowing updates

Hello,

We would like to updated to the latest version of Cornerstone. Before doing this on our main site, we want to test it out. We set up a staging site to do this. However, the staging site is not allowing the Cornerstone update even though it’s available on the main site. Our X theme is up to date on the main site but not on the staging site, which seemed weird. I trying to validate it, but when I log in to Apex it appears to want me to purchase and additional license for X. How can I test the Cornerstone updates on my staging site first?

Hello @Script0rium,

Thanks for writing in!

I tried checking the website URL hat’s listed in your licence manager but it’s asking for username and password. You should not get notice to purchase additional X Theme licence. Are you getting the message in website or Apex Forum?

On staging website you need to first validate X Theme. Once validation is completed, you can proceed to update X and Cornerstone either Automatically or manually. I suggest you to take a look at following resource:

In case you still have problems validating and updating theme, please share login details in secure note for us to take a closer look at the setup.

Thanks.

Hello @Script0rium,

Thanks for updating the thread. :slight_smile:

I checked the website and can see you are using X 6.5.6 and Cornerstone 3.5.5. As you have validated X Theme then automatic update should work. However, you also have the option of manually updating X and Cornerstone, to do so please take a look at the tutorial link shared in previous thread. You can also follow below steps to update X Theme:

1. From Appearance > Themes, activate default WordPress theme and delete X Theme.
  2. From Plugins > Installed Plugins, deactivate and uninstall Cornerstone.
  3. Download latest version of X Theme from Apex forum or Themeforest.
  4. From Appearance > Themes > Add New > Upload Theme, select and upload X Theme package that you downloaded.
  5. Activate X Theme.
  6. Once you activate X Theme, navigate under X menu and doing so will automatically install latest version of Cornerstone.

Please follow above steps and let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Thank you. I got it to update on the staging site. Thanks for the help!

You are most welcome! Have a nice day.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.