Space below Pro header and some blog styling

Hi guys,

I’m building the headers for our site (ignore my broken shortcodes in it) and I’m unsure why there isn’t the normal spacing between the header and content - any page besides the homepage hero such as https://alphainsights.com.au/blog

Speaking of the blog, we’re looking to have the blog page and the posts display just the author name and avatar below the title on the posts and in the blog page - something like this:

Is this achievable?

Hello @Turffe,

Thanks for writing in! :slight_smile:

You can fix your header issue by setting the following option in Pro > Headers > Global Header:

For your blog layout, there are few options that you can try. You can check Recent Posts shortcode. There’s also a Recent Posts element in Cornerstone which you can use.

Also you can achieve this layout with your theme’s bundled plugins:

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the deader! Worked a charm.
I like The Grid for displaying the blog, for the individual post pages is there a way we can display the author + avatar in the post like in the screenshot above? I’m only aware of the [author] shortcode but it doesn’t seem to give the desired effect.

Hi there,

Try adding the following code into your child theme’s functions.php file.

add_filter('the_content', function($content){

if ( is_singular('post') ) return '<div id="author_pic">'.get_avatar( get_the_author_meta('ID'), 60).'</div>'.$content;

return $content;

});

If not, you will need to customize the x_integrity_entry_meta() function by copying it into your child theme which you can locate under x/framework/functions/

Hope that helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.