Something Is Wrong

I went to check my site realizing it’s all messed up! The only thing I was messing around with functions and adding google adsense. I deleted the code as this wasn’t the issue. I disabled the plugins, deleted cache, and now wondering what I should do.

I’ll provide link to my site

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi Theodore,

Thanks for reaching out.

The header part is broken, do you have recent customization related to header? Please remove them, there is no internal error, it’s just that it has missing CSS and Javascript due to removed header. You can also verify this by activating the main theme instead of the child them (if your customization is in child theme).

Thanks!

Rad,

Thanks for your help! I did add code to the header portion to the header section of child theme. I was trying to add google adsense but them ended up deleting the code.

Is there a way I can re-upload the header.php file?

Hi Theodore,

Thanks for reaching out.

If you placed your customization to the child theme then you can simply delete the files you have uploaded. But, if you directly added the changes to the main theme then I recommend re-installing the theme, I’m not sure which files are edited since the header has multiple parts and it’s much easier to re-install it to make sure there are no customized files.

And then for future customization, please make sure to do it in the child theme. Please check these https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/customizations-best-practices/205, https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-upload-xtheme-to-child-theme/43246/2

Thanks!

I’m not sure what I did. So can I just re-install and start from scratch? would I just delete the file from the directly and start over?

Hi Theodore,

Deleting the theme should be okay, and it shouldn’t delete your existing works in admin as deleting the theme is just deleting the file. Unless you have other customization directly added to the files. Please re-install your theme to make sure it uses the default files.

Thanks!

Thank you for your help Rad! I re-installed theme and everything is back just a couple tweaks need to be made.

I came across another issue I was wondering if you could help me with. Links to my posts are showing randomly at the bottom of “buyers guide” and “blog” sections of my site. I’ll attach a photo

Hi Theodore,

It’s coming from your Auto Terms of Service and Privacy Policy plugin

Regretfully, we cannot provide support for third party plugins or scripts as our support policy in the sidebar states due to the fact that there is simply no way to account for all of the potential variables at play when using another developer’s plugin or script. Because of this, any questions you have regarding setup, integration, or troubleshooting any piece of functionality that is not native to X will need to be directed to the original developer.

Thank you for your understanding.

Thank you Paul!

You’re welcome! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.