Site speed is incredibly slow with X-theme. Help

My website takes ages to load, I’m using X-theme with Ethos stack, I have zero images on the front page and only a few images in my blog posts but it still takes 5-6 seconds to load the website - no matter which page I visit. It consists of 29 blog posts, that’s it. Why does it take so long for my website to load?

Hi Robin,

Thanks for writing in! Website speedup and optimization is a separate area which is outside theme control. However we can provide some tools and resources which should help you to identify bottlenecks of your site.

The below are some tools that you can use to identify various issues on your site.

Beside those tools, we also have a detailed guide in our knowledge base section (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/customizations-performance/210) on how to increase the performance of your website. Please review the article and implement those recommendations as well.

If you’re still having issues, provide us with an example site URL so that we should be able to look into your issue.

Hope that helps.

Hey! I don’t really know which part of the Gzip code I’m supposed to enter in the htaccess file. And yeah, I don’t mind sending my URL so you can tell me what I could do. How do I respond privately to hide my URL? Thank you!

I’m having some of the same issues. My site takes a long time to load and even gives me an error sometimes and doesn’t load at all. Both when I’m trying to edit stuff and just visiting my website. I’ve contacted my hosting provider and they said everything on their end looks fine and I should look at the theme and such. I’m not sure what to do and what to provide you guys to help me with.

Hello Robin,

Thanks for updating the thread.

You need to copy the code shared in the performance optimization guide and paste in .htaccess file. You can also take a look at following tutorial on editing .htaccess file.

Thanks.

Hello Trevor,

Please don’t mind but this is a post although similar is started by a different user. Posting on someone else thread create lot of confusion and slows down the response time. Faster response we encourage users to create a new ticket. In that regards I request you to please create a new ticket and someone from support team will take a look. For more details please take a look at our support handbook. When creating the ticket, please share website URL for us to take a closer look.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.