Site slow after update

Hi there,

we updated wordpress, x-theme and plugins. Shortly beforehand we included a SSL Certificate and switched to https. Right now our site is incredibly slow. No i am not sure what exactly caused this. Maybe you know this from other topics and would you mind giving us a hint on this?

Thanks a lot,
lypa

1 Like

Hey Lypa,

Regretfully, there are many factors outside the theme’s control that could slow a site down. Try following our Performance Guide. Regretfully, we could not help with website optimization other than showing you a general guide as I have said, there are many factors outside of the theme’s control that could slow a website. If your site is still slow after following the guide, you will need to consult with a new website speed contractor.

If you’re referring to using Cornerstone, there is currently an element limit where if you are near to using 200 elements in a page, it could slow the performance. The solution would be to design your content wisely like using a grid plugin to display a gallery rather than setting up lots of columns and image elements.

Thank you for understanding.

Hey Lypa,

You’re site loads fast on my end even with slow internet speed. Please try clearing your browser cache or check in incognito mode and other browsers.

Thanks.

Hi there,

thank you for helping. The site is still slow after the first few clicks, especially in the blog area. A developer has cleaned up some scripts in the child theme now coming from conflicts with the parent theme after the update and corrected the mixed content URLs from the SSL transition. But the site is still slowing down, especially in Chrome browser. We are not using Cornerstone, except for one page (Produkte), i think.

Would you mind taking another look?

Thank you
lypa

Hi Lypa,

Upon checking, yes I can see that your site is slow.

My colleague have provided you our guide to improve your site performance.

Try to implement it, starting with optimizing your images and installing cache plugin.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.