Site broken after X update

Hi,
I just updated my site - X Ethos theme - a few days ago and am now having the following problems:

• my recent posts which use to display on the top of the home page have disappeared. When I try to set them to Feature (instead of Random) in the Ethos options I get the following error:
    Fatal error: Call to undefined function x_intval_explode() in /home/tonec700/public_html/wp-content/themes/x-child/framework/views/ethos/_post-carousel.php on line 25
  • My menu clicks to sub menus don’t work.

Any ideas would be much appreciated
Thanks
Jan

Hi Jan,

Please make sure that you have everything updated to the latest version especially for X and Cornerstone. You can find more info about the support versions of X and its bundled plugins here.

If the issue persists, please provide us with the admin and FTP details of your site in a Secure Note so that we can check it.

Thank you.

Hello There,

Your site is under in construction mode.
Please provide us access so that we can check your settings.

By the way, please make sure that you are update to date. Our latest versions are:

• X Theme 6.2.5
  • Cornerstone 3.2.5

Please let us know how it goes.

Hi
I’ve taken off maintenance mode and updated my php version to 7.2. - X and Cornerstone are up to date. Still having problems - can’t change Random (in Ethos) to Featured so that the posts are at the top of home page. And the menus side arrows still don’t work.
Thanks

Jan

Hi Jan,

Yes, we need your WordPress admin username and password to check your site.

Or the other options would be to create a temporary WordPress user account with administrator right. Don’t worry about the email address when creating an account, just use one of your email address. You can refer to the following guide for more information (https://ithemes.com/tutorials/creating-users-in-wordpress/).

Thanks!

Hey Jan,

I could not login using the given credentials. Please check.

Would you also mind switching to the parent theme and check if the issue persists?

Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks
Jan

Hello @JanAndrews,

Thanks for updating the thread.

Please use secure note feature to share login details so that the information is in between you and Themeco staff, I have moved the details you have posted into secure note. Yes, the login details is working fine now.

I checked your website and I see that you have multiple instances of X Theme installed on the website. One that’s active now is quite an old version 2.2.0. I suggest you to please update X Theme properly as it might cause compatibility issues.

Please carefully take a look at our theme update guide and update X Theme accordingly.

Thanks.

Hi,
Thanks - I thought I had done that already - I’ve updated it and am now in the newest X version - but when I activate the child theme, I get a blank screen on the site. How do I activate the most recent child theme?
Jan

Hi again,

You can download the latest version of child theme from here then you can remove the old version of your child theme and install the latest one. Please follow https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-how-to-setup-child-themes/57

Make sure to backup your customized files first before deleting your child theme.

Hope this helps!

I tried to upload a new version of the child theme (I got it from your site) but it says, I already have it - do I need to delete the version I have in cpanel first? Could you tell me how to backup the customized files - where do I find them?
Any idea what the error code at the top of the home page means?
I really appreciate your help as I am not very familiar with the processes and am a very basic user
Jan

Hello @JanAndrews,

Thanks for updating the thread.

Yes, you will have to delete existing X Child folder to install a new one. To backup, you can download existing x-child folder. After that you can delete current x-child theme from Appearance > Themes. Upon installing the child theme, you can copy paste the changes you have made from backup folder to the new x-child folder.

My colleague @Nabeel has shared the resource to setup child theme. I suggest you to please take a look for more information.

Thanks.

I’ve uploaded the new x-child files.
How do I know where the changes are in the folders? Do I have to look at each file?
Thanks

Hi Jan,

I think you did properly upload the new X – Child Theme, your old child theme is named X - Child Theme: Ethos there is one modified template on that old child theme which you need to move on the new child theme if you want that modification to apply on the new child theme.

This is the file you modified on that old child theme (_post-carousel.php) under the directory /x-child-old/framework/views/ethos/

Can you clarify what is that modification supposed to do? Maybe you don’t need that modification anymore, if so then just activate the new child theme and delete the old child theme (but keep a backup of it)

You need to clarify what is the issue now because the Carousel is now displaying your Featured Posts, and the dropdown menu is now working as well (https://prnt.sc/krip1e).

Thanks,

Hi,
Sorry for the delayed response - I was off line for a few days.
I think I’ve solved all the problems (with your help) and have loaded the x-child theme successfully. I don’t need the Carousel anymore so I didn’t bother to move it over.
with much appreciation for all your support,
Jan

You are most welcome. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.