Single Events page (MEC)

I can’t get a Single Event page to work or even find where it should be. When I click in the List view to an event that I have created, I get the 404 error message:

The page you are looking for is no longer here, or never existed in the first place (bummer). You can try searching for what you are looking for using the form below. If that still doesn’t provide the results you are looking for, you can always start over from the home page.

I am using X Pro

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in! I tested single event page in my local setup of Pro and it’s working fine on my end. Make sure you’re fully updated (Theme and plugins including MEC)

You can find the latest version numbers here: (http://theme.co/changelog/) Then you can compare them to what’s installed on your site.

If you find anything to be out of date, you can review our update guide.

Also check your Permalinks settings, select Post name under Common Settings and save it.

Let us know how this goes!

Thanks, Wordpress is up-to-date, X Pro is up-to-date & MEC is up-to-date. I checked the Permalink page & it wasn’t set to Post name. I selected that & saved it. The URL finishes …/sample-post/ is that correct? I still cannot get a Single Event page.

Hello There,

Do you have any plugin that might affect URL? If yes, try disabling it and the check again. It can also be htaccess if not plugin. Check your htaccess content. If it is not a result of both plugin and htaccess, please share credentials and URL on a private reply so we can check your setup.

Have deactivated every plugin & tested the site & still no Single Event page. I’m worried that something has been lost in converting from an old site & from X to X Pro that a key page has been removed or altered.

As for htaccess, I have no idea how to check that.

Hello there,

First, please try the solutions stated on the thread below:

If none of the steps worked on the thread above, please also refer to this guide:

It could be but we need to check first your single event pages by following the troubleshooting steps on the links above. If by chance, problem persists, please share to us your Wordpress URL/User/Pass in a secure note so we can take a closer look.

You can check your htaccess file on the root/ directory of your Wordpress installation.

Once you’ve found it, kindly reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

Hope this helps.

Tried all those options. Did the htaccess-bak change plus all the other options, but still get… The page you are looking for is no longer here, or never existed in the first place (bummer). You can try searching for what you are looking for using the form below. If that still doesn’t provide the results you are looking for, you can always start over from the home page! Sorry!

Summary

Aarrggh! Just checked again & .htaccess file is still .htaccess. In FileZilla, I can find .htaccess but when I try to change it, it won’t save. What do I need to do to change the name?

Well…I managed to change the .htaccess to .htaccess-bak, saved the Permalink but still get the 404 page.

Hi There,

Sorry for the confusion!

There was no issue with .htaccess file or any other plugin conflict. It was due to the page called “events” which has already taken the permalink for Events and in your MEC setting the permalink was Events which was doing a conflict.

Now I have changed the permalink to “Event” and everything works fine.

Hope this helps!

Thanks

1 Like

Well done & MANY thanks. MUCH appreciated.

You’re most welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.