Show entire blog posts

Hello, I want to show my entire posts in the blog. I have checked the “Full post content on index”, but still, only the titles appear.

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in! I checked the Full post content on index option in my local setup and it’s working fine (see screenshots)

Full post content on index disabled

Full post content on index enabled

This could be related to your setup, please check for the following first:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS, JavaScript and deactivate your child theme and switch to parent theme (take a complete backup first).

6. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

Let us know how this goes!.

Hi, thanks for your prompt response. All of my plugins are up to date, I installed your theme today. I disabled all of the plugins (excluding the ones provided by your theme), but this did not help. I also cleared the cache and added the 2 lines in wp-config.php. I don’t think I have added custom CSS or JavaScript. It looks like I have issues also with the breadcrumbs, they can not be removed from the website as well.

Never mind, it started working. However, my share buttons do not appear in the blog, only when I open the posts.

Hi there,

Please add this code to the functions.php file of this child theme:

https://theme.co/apex/child-themes

function x_add_social_sharing ( $content ) {
	if ( is_singular('post') ) {
		echo do_shortcode('[x_share title="Share this Post" facebook="true" twitter="true" google_plus="true" linkedin="true" pinterest="true" reddit="true" email="true"]');
	}
}

add_action('x_before_the_content_end', 'x_add_social_sharing');

Hope this helps.

I need to make this social share buttons ‘noindex’. Can I add this to add_action command or there is maybe anothey way to make this share buttons ‘noindex’

Thanks

Hi,

I’m sorry but that is not possible, that would require changing the share shortcode core code which is outside the scope of support.

Thank you for understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.