SHOP images suddenly incorrect

Hello dear staff, with the new update my ShOp images are now cut off to a square on the product page. My shop img are originally rectangle. Please help?
Kindly, Mrs X

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! Upon checking, I could not identify your issue on product images (check secure note).

Could you please try clearing your cache and test your site again.

Thanks!

Thank you! I checked but the issue does exist also in my other browser . My visible image is square and the original image is rectangular. So my img is cut off.

Looking at your screenshot i see that this is the ONLY workshop with a square img!!! because of the problem. I just made this link today. Please, Check the other workshops!/ products

I saw you added a screenshot so i commented the above

Hey @MrsX,

What version of X and WooCommerce did you update from. Since version 5.1.1 of X. New WooCommerce features have been implemented and image size selection have been unlocked. Please go to WooCommerce > Settings > Products > Display and set the image sizes and regenerate your thumbnails. See Adjust image dimensions and regenerate thumbnails at https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/fixing-blurry-product-images/

Thanks.

Thank you dear, i did but nothing is changing. leaving the definition of the size of the img empty, also kept everything square and cut off, even though I deselcted “cut off”. Any thoughts?

Hello There,

Did you have updated from X 4.6.4 to X 5.2.5? Please be advised that there have been a lot of change going on especially with WooCommerce 3.0.0 as they have changed several things in product images. I would suggest that you review the changes from our changelog here: https://theme.co/changelog/

And then regarding the product images, please review this thread:

Just in case you simply want to display the default product images without the product gallery slider and the product gallery zoom, please add the following code in your child theme’s functions.php file

add_action( 'after_setup_theme', 'remove_woo_features', 999 );
function remove_woo_features(){
	remove_theme_support( 'wc-product-gallery-slider' );
	remove_theme_support( 'wc-product-gallery-zoom' );
}

By the way, product gallery slider and product gallery zoom is a new feature of WooCommerce introduced in 3.0.

Hope this helps.

Hey thanks! It improves things, but not fully. My image on the product page is now visible without all the extra fuzz :wink: but… it is still cut into a square. In the old WC, the image on the product page just took the rectangular size of the original and did not cut of the rectangle into a square. If you could support me with more code, that’d be great.

Just for the record… I checked the link you send me and there it says to remove or add 3 things to the code. The 2 things you mentioned were not enough. I had to remove all 3. But it was really helpful what you said, for me to understand me what to do! So… thanks so much!

Also, it doesn’t matter what I fill in at the Woocommerce > products > display settings (as 100 px * 100 px) and if I uncheck “cut off hard”. The product page cuts my rectangular IMG into a square.

I think I need more code. (Please give me more code! hahaha…)

I’ll send a link so you can see for yourself…

Any thoughts? Is it ok like this? And the cropping issue… I think WC 3.3 will solve that no? I read in the link you sent me that they will come with it soon… and it will also fix my blurry IMG on the SHOP overview page apparently.

“WooCommerce 3.3. is coming soon.”

I’m looking forward.

Hello There,

If you want to display the full image in the single product image in your product page, please do this:

• Go to WooCommerce > Settings > Products > Display.
  • Find the “Product images” section.
  • In the Single product image, please set it to 1000 by 1000 or bigger that the actual size of your image. This is to make sure that it will display the full image instead.
  • Go to your plugins section and install Regenerate Thumbnails plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/regenerate-thumbnails/)
  • Run the regenerate the thumbnails
  • Check your product page.

Hope this helps.

Ok thank you so much! Just to be sure… Does this mean that the rectangle IMG will stay a rectangle and not become a 1000x1000 cut of to square? Kindly

Hi there,

Unfortunately, the WordPress does cut the image from the center. Please check the case and if it is not what you want you to need to find the proper combination of the Width X Height for your case.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.