Set slider above masthead to fixed and can be hidden

I have set my slider above masthead to fixed, but I can’t seem to get the z-index working and it is positioned behind every element on the page. Also, I added a close button on the top right that uses jquery .hide() function, but it doesn’t eliminate the empty whitespace when the slider is hidden. Any ideas on how to solve this?

Hey Winn,

Slider Revolution does not have a feature that makes it stack above the rest of the elements in a page and it also does not have a hide feature. With that said, your request falls under custom development which is outside the scope of our support.

To help you get started though, I can point you out to the custom solution to the z-index problem. Please try adding this code in your Slider’s Custom CSS or in Theme Options > CSS.

.rev_slider_wrapper {
    z-index: 9999;
}

I’ve tried it using the developer tool and it works.

If that does not work after you’ve added it to your site, please forward your request to a third-party developer.

Hope that helps and thank you for understanding.

This did the trick. Many thanks! I’ll try to look for other solutions regarding the hide feature.
Is there any alternative to posting an interactive ad banner above masthead aside from revslider?

You’re welcome.

The plugin that can display a collapsible bar is ConvertPlus. For more information, please see https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/extension-convertplus/66

Thanks.

Just what i’m looking for, thanks.

You’re welcome!
We’re glad @christian_y were able to help you out.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.