Set image to always sit at he bottom of a column

Hi Guys,

Sorry for some reason this has stopped working correctly and i cant seem to put it right. I have an image of a phone that i want to always stick to the bottom of a column and it doesnt but when you resize the browser, it squishes up. My original post was: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/image-set-to-alway-be-at-the-bottom-of-a-column/22317. Website is: https://hadleylearningcommunity.org.uk/secondary and here is a screenshot of the phone squished up:

Any ideas? Thanks.

Hi there,

The solution given on the other thread is not ideal because, as mentioned by @christian_y, the CSS code if referencing the dynamic classes assigned to the section and columns which would change as you edit your page content causing the code to possibly stop working.

Now, what you can do is to set the three columns on that row to have an equal height then set add a CSS code to reference the image and position it to the bottom of it column.

To do that, please add a class to the row that contains the columns. You can do that by clicking on the customize option of the row setting.

Once you have added the class, please add this CSS code in the Global CSS panel:

.flexmethod {
  display: -webkit-box;
  display: -ms-flexbox;
  display: flex;
  -ms-flex-line-pack: stretch;
      align-content: stretch;
  -ms-flex-wrap: wrap;
      flex-wrap: wrap;
}

.x-container:before {
  content: normal;
}

The code above assumes that the class you have added to the row is flexmethod. Please update the code if you used another class name.

Then, add a class to the image element. You can do this by clicking on the customize option of the image element as well.

Once you have added the class, add this code as well in the Global CS:

@media (min-width: 768px) {
    .bottom-image {
        margin-bottom: 0;
        position: absolute;
        bottom: 0;
        left: 0;
    }
}

Also, the code assumes that the class you added to the image element is bottom-image.

Please take note that this approach is a solution based on your current setup but should work as long as you have the correct classes and code added to the correct element. Also, since this is a custom code, there is chance that this might stop working depending on how you change your current page setup and you will have to update the code accordingly as it falls beyond the scope of our support.

You can find more info on how to check for CSS selectors here.
Then information about writing your custom CSS here.

Hope this helps.

Hi @Jade,

That’s awesome. The code works fine. Thank you for your help/ I will have a read of the links that you included. I dont know CSS really but want to learn so will take a look. Thanks again :slight_smile:

Hi,
That’s our pleasure! you are welcome and good luck :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.