SEO visual composer and cornerstone

Is the text that appears in the visual composer and cornerstone detected by the google bots . I mean would be better to put the text just as normal text avoiding creating panels with text or so . That visual composer and cornerstone have some negative side effects over the seo or it does not matter because there are neither positive and negative consequences thanks

Hello @Borislav.VD,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

1. Yes, pages you design using page builder tools like Cornerstone and VC are crawlable by Search Engines like Google and Bing. That also includes the text you enter using Cornerstone Text Elements.

2. Although you haven’t asked this but I would like to let you know that in case of Yoast SEO, you might experience some issues. Yoast SEO content analyzer is not able to access Cornerstone content. It only analyzes the raw content of the editor instead of the processed live page. Not to worry as it has nothing to do with how search engines crawl and index your website pages. The problem is specific to Yoast SEO content analyzer that is unable to access contents wrapped in shortcodes.

We are aware of this problem and our developers are looking into this. We have also published a document wherein we have listed the most important things team is currently working on which also includes Yoast SEO. Here is the link:

The second part of my answer is not directly relevant to the question you have asked but I thought to let you know about the same.

Thanks.

OK and the problem of the cornerstone is applied to visual composer as well or there is not a problem with it? thanks for the detailed response

Hey There,

There should not be a problem with it. Google bots crawls text contents in a page. As long as it is in a text form and that the texts were not in the image, the page can be crawled and the text contents were cached and index by the bots.

Hope this helps.

Any update on this? My client is very upset because they can use Yoast anymore to optimize their pages

Hello @mcostales84,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Unfortunately as of now I am not in a position to share details on the same. As per our development roadmap guide we are hoping for a April release. Please note that the plan is tentative and is subject to change.

Thanks.

April is almost done…

Hi there,

Yes, there is no update yet, but I can assure you that our developers are working on it. There are many complex issues needs fixing and this is just one of them. Please stay tuned :slight_smile:

Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.