Search Results - how to translate

Hello, any one have any idea how do i translate the search system in the theme?
that is including the “Search” text in the search box and the search results and all of that.
i have tried to edit searchform.php it doesnt work
Screenshot:

Hey @angelofgod,

Please follow our translation guide here. Alternatively, you could use a plugin like WPML which could translate translation ready themes.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hello i have followed the instructions and in the stage where i need to click “create new translation” then choosing my language it shows this error: http://prntscr.com/j3m0ca

Hey @angelofgod,

I’m sorry. There’s currently a known issue with the pot file. Please try clicking “OK” then immediately save the file. It will then allow you to generate the translation file.

Thanks.

1 Like

Thanks alot, i have succeed doing so!
one more question:
i have a side vertical button menu that is lossing its position because of the “results” title, is there any way to position it on the top? like in this screenshot>> http://prntscr.com/j47y7x
or should i open a new thread about this issue?

Hi there,

This could be adjusted by adding a custom CSS. I tried checking your site but there is a coming soon page active and I saw that you have posted the login details in some thread but I can’t seem to find the login page as /wp-admin and /wp-login.php goes to a 404 page.

You may try checking the button’s ID or class so you can target it using its selector and set it’s position using CSS using Chrome DevTools.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Hi sorry for the delay. thank for your reply , i will be thankful if you could help me with that.
adding secure note

Hi there,

Would you mind providing a sample URL where the search isn’t translated? I checked it with results and without a result and they are translated.

Thanks!

Adding Secure Note

Hi there,

Your last question is not related to the original question you asked in the thread.

Secondly that is a menu you added which is rendered after the title. We can not give you a temporary CSS fix as it will ruin all other pages.

You need to double check your settings on the UberMenu and render the menu before all the header parts.

If you can not do that you better not use the menu or the title as CSS fixes will have unintended consequences.

Thank you for your understanding.

1 Like

Hello there,

i wish i knew how to set the ubermenu 5776 before the titles. i just put the code in the header.php. the header.php is empty of content how could i know. please help thanks in advance!

Hi there,

I did not understand the question at all. It seems that you added a reply to a wrong thread as this thread was about the translation.

Please follow up the case in it’s respective thread and if needed please open up new thread. In the new thread be more descriptive and give detailed information of the request and give us context.

Thank you for your understanding.

1 Like

Hello there,
I am sorry i did not explain my self good.
i will try to explain again.
i have a Vertical ubermenu button shown on the left side of the page, its a button with a “Star” icon on it.

i enabled it by adding this code in header.php

<?php ubermenu( '5776' , array( 'theme_location' => 'secondary-menu' ) ); ?>

It is suppose to be shown exacly under the nav menu like shown here: https://prnt.sc/j5rk4r

But in search it shown under the title: http://prntscr.com/j7rui9

What i am asking is, is it possible to position that menu (5776) above the pageg titles?

Hello @angelofgod,

Thanks for updating the thread.

May I request you to please create a new thread? This thread was related with Translation and now it’s going in a complete different direction. It becomes quite difficult for support staff to keep a track of the issues you are facing and might create lot of confusion thereby slowing down the response time.

Please create a new ticket and share the issue you are facing and someone from support team will take a look.

Thanks for understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.