RTL translation not complete

Hi,
I have applied the RTL on my website with the X theme, however there are still parts that haven’t translated. First: the “read more” button is still in English (although it is aligned to the right, which is good!). Second, the pagination at the bottom (the option to see more posts) is from left to right instead of right to left.
In general - is there a way to customize the lenght of posts that present on the page? Cancel it completely?

Thanks!

Hey there,

How did you translate your site? Please follow our translation guide at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-translation/61

Regarding the pagination, please add this code in X > Launch > Options > Global CSS. I’ll forward this to our development team.

.rtl .x-pagination ul {
    display: flex;
    justify-content: center;
}

To limit post content in your blog page, please go to Appearance > Customize > Blog and turn off Full Post Content on Index and set your desired Excerpt Length

To remove the excerpt, set the Excerpt Length to 0 and add this code to your custom CSS.

.entry-content.excerpt {
    display: none;
}

Thanks.

Hi,
Thanks! I followed the translation guide. After uploading the translated .mo file to the child-theme (created a new folder called “languages” and updated the php) my admin console won’t open up (I get a 404).

I think the problem is in the code I put in the php. After removing the extra code the website came back up, so I am sure that is the problem, and I think I know what’s wrong: I didn’t adjust the code to my own website, because I’m am not sure how to do that. Could you guide me? What should I put in?

add_action( ‘after_setup_theme’, ‘load_child_language’ );
function load_child_language() {
load_child_theme_textdomain( ‘x’, get_stylesheet_directory() . ‘/languages’ );

The language file I created is called he_IL
The child theme is called x-child
The language file is located under public_html/wp-content/themes/x-child/framework/Languages

And where should I paste it in the framework php?
Thanks!

Hi There,

It seems that you did all the steps correctly except the uploading. You used the second method of the translation, that is why please move your uploaded mo/po files to: /wp-content/themes/x/framework/lang

That will do the trick.

Thank you.

Thanks, that worked - however now this will be overwritten every time I update the theme, no? That is why I wanted to use the child theme.

Thanks!

Hello,

To use the languages files from your Child Theme, add the following code to your functions.php

add_action( 'after_setup_theme', 'my_child_theme_lang' );

function my_child_theme_lang() {
   load_child_theme_textdomain('x', dirname(__FILE__) . '/x-child/framework/lang/');
}

Just replace the x-child with your actual child theme name.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.